Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not clouds...

This morning the sky was full of fluffy white stuff, but it wasn't clouds.  It was contrails.


No matter which way I turned, the sky was full of them.  I used to take them for granted. 

Since 9-11, I don't take things like this for granted.

I remember when all the planes were grounded.  
Churches were full.
Flags were flown.
Stories of heroism of the firefighters and bystanders filled the news.
Stories of people who stayed to help the dying and died themselves.
Stories of people who knew they would die, but went back to help others.
The dead were honored.
And stories were told by survivors buried under the rubble.
And survivors who miraculously made it to safety told their stories, too.
And survivors in other places spoke.
And and people left behind told of heroes who sacrificed everything.

While in another country, people danced in the street and celebrated.

What used to be a common sight, was gone.


Funny, when I lived in Phoenix I disliked hearing the helicopters.  They usually meant that the police were looking for someone.

There's a little dirt airstrip not far from me.  Some of the planes are noisier than others.  I grumble.



Instead of grumbling, I need to remember when the planes didn't fly.

And I need to remember why.  We all need to remember why.

Blessings,
Kathy

For everyone who does evil deeds hates the light and does not come to the light,
so that their deeds will not be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the light,
so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God.
John 3:20-21 
 

10 comments:

  1. Exellent! We all should remember!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great way to remember out blessings! a sky full of contrails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Abby/Linda! I agree!

    Splendid - Every time I see them, I think about the time the sky was quiet.

    Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a great way of looking at life Kathy :)
    I always cringe when I hear the helicopters because LifeFlight flies over our house. But you make a great point that it's good they are safe to fly again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, memories! Very true - and good that they can do the work they need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen-- are you going to be involved with the "if my people 2012" 40days of prayer. It's non-partisan. I am challengeing every Chrisstian I know to pray! Take a look at their website for a prayer list.
    ifmypeople2012.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Linda! I signed up for it =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails