Friday, September 7, 2012

Another busy country day - Funtry Friday!

Well, if you are going to have a busy day, it's best to start with a hearty breakfast (or two or three) and that hearty breakfast will be extra good if you share it with friends.


Though, I think I will leave the chicken food to the guineas... ummmm... and Forrest.

Well, I see that the mud bogging at the sod farm as stopped and the plowing has begun again...


All I have to say is:  that's a lot of lawn to mow.

No what in the world is Forrest into now?



Ummm....  That looks like Hershey's fly mask.  Or rather, half of it...


What fly mask?  That fly mask, Forrest.  And, no, you may not keep it.  (Yes, I found the other half, too.  Not sure how he did it, but Hershey ripped it in half... Talent.  Sheer talent!)

Well, off to town to get a new fly mask so the nasty flies won't pester Hershey's eyes. 
Then back home to put the new mask on Hershey and douse both horses with fly spray.
Pull some weeds.
Feed some critters.
Pet some critters.
Feed more critters.
Pull more weeds.

And stop to enjoy a wonderful sunset.


Yes, the days are always busy here, but a sunset like this makes you forget just how busy.

Hope you had a happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. So sorry I wasn't there to share it with you. Love seeing what Forrest has been up to and "Way to go, Hershey!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo want to live int he country! I am so jealous! Fun Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I love the kitty pictures. That's too funny that the cat joined in with the eating party. The sunset colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forrest, uh, you're eating with chickens? Something's wrong with that scenario! We agree that you are super talented to rip that fly mask in half! Not all kitties can do that so we're impressed! We hope you got extra feed (and not chicken feed) and extra pets for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Jane, Hershey got his fly mask off again today - but this time it was in one piece and not two. Yay!

    BeadedTail - Missy was not purrrrfectly happy about the fly mask, but she was laughing at the breakfast!

    She is a funny cat, Rose! Thanks =)

    Thank you, pasqueflower!

    Most days it is lots of fun, Linda - lol - and some days lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay - your cat eats chicken feed?! Wow. I mean, I have had cats that are fussy eaters, so I am impressed with Forrest's willingness to at least try everything on her plate. Oh my, I think I am channeling my Mom! Good kitty, that one - and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karin - lay mash, scratch, Equine Senior, COB (corn, oats, barley) and any kind of cat food. She will even eat hairball stuff. LOL - glad you (and Mom) enjoyed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a long day!
    lol Forrest was sure enjoying the fly mask! Silly kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a long day, Pam!
    haha - Forrest is a very busy and a very funny cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails