Friday, August 17, 2012

Oooo! Ahhhhh! Ick! Funtry Friday!!!

Isn't this pretty?  Such a bright yellow and such soft green foliage - it just needs to be a painting!  The flowers are very daisy like and delicate.  What is it?  Ummm.... well... ahhh... If you move here, I can let you have some seeds.  Ahem.  It's a beautiful (weed) plant!


Well, I thought I was going to have to show you an empty Swallow nest this week, but...


These little big guys swooped in and were resting here - out of the way of the rain!


Yay!  Enough to make a puddle!


Which, of course, will make all our weed plants grow... er, and some of these lovely weeds, too.


Grrrr.... which make what are laughingly called seeds.  Whoever heard of a seed that looks like this?


Stickers.  That's what they are.  *ugh*  But!  I recently saw a much maligned weird unusual inch long bug (don't look, Pam!) that looks like a cross between a lady bug and a beetle.  I had no idea what it was, but it was eating those weeds.


However, the bad news is that it is a type of blister beetle... Megetra vittata.  Glad I am not raising my own hay and glad that they don't seem to be a big problem around here.  At least now I know why the chickens won't eat them...

Hope you have a great Funtry Friday wherever you are!

Blessings,
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. How sweet that the little guys were resting out of the rain! It's great that you keep getting rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun things in the country! I remember those stickers from KS! The not so little anymore birdies are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Thanks Kathy... not afraid of beetles or ladybugs... it's other scarier insects I don't like to see! lol Lots of fun at your place... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails