You want to do something. But what?
Well, here is a simple little something that you can easily do. Get brave.
- You can collect items that will help those who are homeless.
- Put these items in little bags.
- Then get the bags to the homeless people.
- snack size food - applesauce, fruit, crackers and peanut butter, granola bars, trail mix - basically anything that doesn't have to be refrigerated or require a can opener.
- toothbrush and tooth paste
- small first aid kit
- baby wipes
- wash cloth
- nail clippers
- lotion, sun block
- package of gum
- small candies
- pens, pencil and paper
- fast food gift cards (make sure it would be possible to walk to the food place)
- a pair of new or clean socks
- for those with a dog, an extra water and a small bag of dog food
Whatever bag you use, whatever contents you select, they still need to get to those in need. Here are some ways to deliver these bags:
- Take them to a local homeless shelter.
- Take them to a place where meals are served to homeless people.
- Take them to a church which has a outreach to homeless people.
- Keep one in your vehicle and the next time you stop at a light and see "that" sign, you can pull over and give your gift to them.
Some people decorate their bags with colorful pictures. Some people include notes of encouragement or pictures drawn by their children. Some people include change or a few dollar bills. Some people slip in a Bible verse. Some people give cash support the organizations who reach out the their local homeless people.
It's all love in action. It's all putting hands and feet to helping someone. And it's easier to do than you think. Care to give it a try? The smile you see will melt your heart!