Sunday, May 6, 2012

Balance


Have you ever watched discussions on two sides of an issue and found yourself agreeing to key points on both sides of that issue?

Pal

Have you ever had someone dear to you in total opposition to a viewpoint that is close to your heart?

Have you ever wanted someone to stop telling you that your ideas are completely wrong just long enough to listen to your deeply felt passion?

I will be totally surprised if anyone out there answers no to all of these.  In fact, I will be surprised if anyone can answer no to any of these.
Cookie

When I share a tender subject that I am passionate about, I try to remember that it is my passion.  It may or may not be anyone else’s passion.  I still want to share my viewpoint in a clear way, but it is important to me to also share it in a balanced way that is sensitive to those who may disagree with me. 

Balance, versus a balancing act.  There are some people who fail to take a stand on any issue because they don’t want to offend anyone.  Do you think they really know what they believe?  Or do they care so much about what others think about them, that they will not take a stand for what they believe?

Well, I am not shy.  I will take a stand on the issues that I am passionate about.  Tenderly and sensitively sharing what I believe.

Take animals, for instance.  I do.  Many of mine have been rescued animals.  Cute pictures, huh?  These critters have enriched my life and given me great joy.  Seriously, I do watch my chickens pretty much every day, and I don’t miss the prime time TV that I never watch.
Christmas

There is another side to my love for my critters.  I hate animal cruelty.  As a Christian, I feel a strong call to the stewardship of God’s creation.

Lova
Do I consider animals to be more important than people?  No.  Believe me, without hesitation I am going to rescue my grandchild before I reach out to save my dog.  I love them both, but in a different way…

Balance.  People are more important than animals; however, that does not mean that animals are not important or does it mean that they have no value.

So, yes, I am going to share the fun that these critters bring me and I am going to continue to love them and to take my stewardship responsibility towards them seriously.  And, when I can, I will help out the people who help protect animals in need.

How about you?  Going to share your passion today?  I hope so!

Blessings,
Kathy



The Humane Society
Liberty Equine Rescue
Therapy Horses of Gentle Carousel

For every wild animal in the forest belongs to me,
as well as the cattle that graze on a thousand hills.
I keep track of every bird in the hills,
and the insects  of the field are mine.
Psalms 50:10-11 NET

Billie Jane

9 comments:

  1. All those noses need smooches! *muwah* *muwah* *muwah*

    This is a wonderful post! Congrats on #600! As you know I'm very passionate about animals too and more often than not my animals are way more important than some of the people I've met. My animals have never hurt me or upset me but sadly I can't say that about some people. It is wonderful to have a balance of both people and animals in your life that love you as you love them. That would be a very happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning couple verses from Psalms!
    It is so great and fun to see your animals' photos here! Thanks!
    Our furry ones are God's special gift to us--expressions of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thoughts! Thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I've had people laugh at my love of animals and it never feels good. I care a lot about both animals and people. I've always felt that since I have a passion and a gift for caring for animals, shouldn't I use that? God gifts us all differently. I'm great with animals and babies but am terrified of teenagers. Other people are amazing with teenagers but would have no idea how to hold a baby. We should all use the gifts we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sharla! My animals give me lots of refreshing moments, very fun times... and occassionally some heartache - but I soooo enjoy them! Ummm... occasional nips, broken feet, and all!

    Thanks, Splendid! I agree - God has provided an incredible creation for us to enjoy!

    Thank you, Jane! Soooo much! =)

    Thanks, Jenny! Very true - God has given us our gifts to share, too - thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know where I stand! And no, we have NOT pitched a hissy that Minnie had her kittens under the passenger seat of the VERY rare and desirable 1969 AMX currently parked in my back "yard!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karin - *roflol* Hmmm... a 1969 AMX motel, huh? Ahem. I'm sure she is a very classy kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails