Sunday, April 15, 2012

Every life is beautiful

When was the last time you saw a movie review on my blog?  Let me help you out.  I am pretty sure the answer is never - either that, or it was so long ago that I don't remember it.  I confess... I didn't do a search to find out for sure, but since I rarely find a movie I want to see - I think it's a fairly safe bet that the search will turn up empty. 

Well, except for this post. 

Today I went to see "October Baby"WOW!  Friends of mine had told me this was a great movie.  I made the *almost* hour drive to the theater (yes, I went by myself), plopped myself down in the comfy seat and grabbed my imported mixed nuts and dried fruit snack.  After squinting my way through a few previews, the movie began.

Okay - for those of you who know how hard it is for me to sit through a movie:  I didn't budge.  In fact, I forgot to fidget.  I even almost forgot to eat my munchies...  One incredible movie...! 

This movie was created after one of the directors heard about Gianna Jessen.  It's not her biography, but, well... it's a similar kind of story...



No spoilers here.  Go see the movie!
  • Well acted.
  • Well photographed.
  • Compassionate portrayal of all the chacters and their thoughts.
  • Tackled a tough subject with great sensitivity.
Well worth the price of a ticket.

Blessings,
Kathy

October Baby

Every Life Is Beautiful

Surrendering the Secret

...for she thought, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." 
Matthew 9:21  

9 comments:

  1. My mom told me to go see this and now with this review, I just might have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very interesting subject. (I checked out some links.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't go to movies much anymore either--economics--but after your thoughts, I just might like to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny - I really enjoyed the movie. There were some surprises in the plot that I did not expect. It was well done.

    Splendid - I have heard other abortion survivers and their mothers speak. Very interesting subject, indeed. Thanks for checking out the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - I don't go often either - both because of the cost and because there just hasn't been that much out there that I have wanted to see. I was totally surprised, though - it only cost me $5 to see the movie because I went early in the day - haha - and I got a senior discount *roflol*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wondered about the movie. I am terrible about going to see movies and this will be one I will wait for to see at home. You make me want to put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to a movie in years, but this one sounds interesting. I may have to wait until it comes out on DVD, though - and even then it may take a while before I sit down and watch it. But I am so glad you reviewed it because I had not heard of this movie and this is a subject that I am particularly interested in. And really, Kath - senior discount? Did you really have to mention that?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika - it was really good and well worth the watch whenever you can see it!

    Me either, Karin. I only go to the movies when there is something I really want to see. It's an excellent movie - very sensitive and compassionate. Hahahaha - hey, I earned that senior discount! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed the movie, looks like a special story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails