Friday, March 9, 2012

Almost wordless Funtry Friday

I'm speechless.

Christmas, the Amazing Chicken


I blogged about my hen, Christmas, last year, The Amazing Mrs. Chicken, and I mentioned her last month, Whatcha do for country fun on a Funtry Friday? Lots of cool stuff!, when I said that I was pretty sure she wouldn't lay any more eggs... 

And then...

                    this week...

Seven Green Christmas Eggs
Christmas had an egg explosion!  She laid seven of her green eggs!  Pretty incredible for a 15 year old chicken!

I'm speechless!

Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy


13 comments:

  1. Christmas had some beautiful eggs! I bet she was as surprised as you were!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she has been saving them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I guess her presents are just a little late :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks pretty pleased with herself in that photo! You go Christmas! Show those young ladies how it's done! This gives all of us "old hens" a boost, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karin - I totally agree! I thought she looked quite pleased with herself - as she should be ;-)

    haha - memories - well, could be early ;-)

    Fabric - Entirely possible! She presented me with one a day for several days.

    Graceful - Probably! She seems very pleased with herself, too
    O>

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's great! Congrat. to the both of you! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe she thinks you need more eggs in your diet ... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you can see by the date stamp, I am catching up with all your posts! It's late and I can't sleep. So I am enjoying reading your blog and yes, those are some beautiful eggs! Yawn . . . nite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Thank you, Linda! I love the rich color of all of these eggs! Hope you slept well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails