Monday, May 9, 2011

Did your Monday explode? Laugh!

Things It Takes Most Of Us 50 Years To Learn



Detail of "Talk to the Tail" - original watercolor

1. The badness of a movie is directly proportional to the number of helicopters in it.

2. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

3. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
4. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

6. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

7. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.

8. You should not confuse your career with your life.

9. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter/janitor, is not a nice person.

10. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

*Thanks to Pastor Tim for this joke!*
http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/
 
Have a good rest of your Monday!
Blessings,
Kathy
 

14 comments:

  1. Some very interesting observations there...Thanks girlfriend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are right on! I tried picking my favorite but gave up. All of them are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! These had me chuckling big time, so I had to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like number 10. Where would we be without lunatics who don't realise that what they're trying to do is impossible? ;-D Then they do it, and we're all fabulously grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm struggling with #4 right now, and I have experienced #2 in my lifetime! Great post! Thanks! Praying for your aunt and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Kathy! #8 rings too true...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great :)
    My hobby has definitely become a mental illness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I think all my hobbies are mental illnesses too :-D How else does one explain a few hundred model horses? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - Purple Pony - model horses can NOT be a problem, I am sure ;-)

    Thanks for the prayers, Linda!

    haha - Silverlight - I'll remember that when I take command!

    Takes a long time to figure that out, huh, Lee!

    LOL - memories - it's unanimous - we all share that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when I was in college, my roommate's daughter once ask me if I was pregnant. Even though I think she was just being mean, I've never forgotten it! {:-D
    ps - I wasn't...

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep, true! I learned a while back that "nice" is a behavior, a way a acting. A person can be "nice," but that does not necessarily mean that they are a good person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-ha! This must be one of the instances where blogger ate my comment.
    I remember writing something very philosophical about "nice" being a behavior, not a character trait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very true, Splendid - and Blogger was not 'nice' in any category for eating your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails