Monday, March 28, 2011

My Sunday post on Monday - but for a very good reason!

Usually on Sunday I share a few thoughts with you about whatever is on my mind.  Yesterday my blog was quiet.  You could hear crickets.

Okay.  If you have a cricket phobia, then you could just hear the silence - how's that?!

Where was I?  Why was it so quiet here?  Well, I was experiencing life in the three dimentional world.  Sometimes people get so caught up in the fast paced wonder of the internet, that it becomes their entire world.  Don't let that happen to you!  and I promise you that I won't let it happen to me.


I'm not saying that I take lightly the online friendships I have made.  I enjoy the interaction I have had with my good cyber friends!  Many of us have chatted for several years and followed each other from online place to online place in order to keep in touch. 

But, you see, that is the point.  We have friendships.  We are real people.  We chat, send emails, share our joys and sorrows, and give each other a nudge when we need it.  And sometimes we get to meet each other in person.  That is very different from getting caught up in the fast paced glittz of zooming around aimlessly on the internet. 


Sometimes we need an anchor to keep us in the "real world" harbor for a while before we bounce wildly off on the internet sea again.  Yesterday, I was enjoying a little "harbor time".  So what was my little anchor?

Why, my family, of course!


Hope you had a wonderful Sunday ~ I sure did!

Blessings,
Kathy

For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from Him.
Psalm 62:5

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...they are all so beautiful. So glad you enjoyed some real time with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BackyardNaturePhotosMarch 29, 2011 at 4:26 AM

    The best way to spend your weekend!Thanks for sharing your family with us....made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, perfect way to spend your time. The girls are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, that sure beats surfing the web ;^)
    Gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lee!

    I agree, Marlene!

    You are welcome, Backyard - hehe - I have more pictures to get edited, too! LOL!

    It was tons of fun, v+s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet girls, and thanks for the reminder to keep priorities in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The girls are just darling. They just make life so full of joy with their amazment in everything they encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks and you are welcome, Sherri!

    Thanks! Totally true, johnnie- it's so much fun to just sit and watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. exactly what I've been thinking, Kathy! However you give voice to it so well. What beautiful, sweet children! You are blessed with their company and love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Splendid! It is a joy to spend time with my family. It is especially fun to see the wonder of discovery in my granddaughters as they explore the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said, Kathy =) So nice to see pictures of the girls, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, angelself! Glad you enjoyed the pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a joy to have your family so close Kathy-- we miss ours with all the hugs and news of their day. My blog site is back up again. I had a glitch, not on my end, but all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a great joy! Glad you are up and running again! Yay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails