Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I won The ACEO Challenge!

Woohooo! I won! I won The ACEO Challenge for February!


 
This little challenge is open to anyone who has created an ACEO that answers the posted theme. The theme for February was “Groundhogs (or whichever weather rodent is in your part of the world)”.

 
Here is my answer to that challenge ~ “Happy Spring” ~ a little sweetie who has her eye on that famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, and she is sure that spring is just around the corner. That famous groundhog isn’t going to get away from her!
 
"Happy Spring" - Original watercolor and ink painting - ACEO - 2.5 x 3.5 inch (6.4 x 8.9 cm)
What’s an ACEO? Well, it’s the cousin of an ATC. What’s an ATC? I could say it’s the cousin of an ACEO, but I wouldn’t do that to you, now would I?

 
ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are little works of art that can be originals, limited editions, or reproductions. They can be done in any media ~ literally! I have seen paintings, block prints, fabric, pottery, photographs, and the list goes on and on and on. The only stipulation is that they are 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm). That’s it.

 
And what about the ATC? ATC stands for Art Trading Cards. The only difference between them is that ATCs are for trading and ACEOs can be bought, sold or traded.

 
Once you have created your little artwork, then you can decide if you want to sell it or trade it. If you want to trade it, search for ATC groups. To sell it, look for places that feature ACEOs.  Voila!  The fun begins!

 
What can you do with these little gems? Lots of things ~
  • Keep them, give them as gifts, or trade them
  • Display them in an album, a decorative box, or a beautiful basket
  • Use them as bookmarks, decorate greeting cards with them, or collage them on larger artwork
  • Display them on an easel, in a frame, or on your refrigerator with a magnetic sleeve

They are lots of fun to create, very portable, a good way to try out new media or techniques, and they are just plain fun. Give one a try!
 
And, if you just happen to create one that has a theme of “March Winds” or “In Like a Lamb – Out Like a Lion”, then stroll over to the The ACEO Challenge blog and post it for this month’s challenge!

 
Happy creating!

 
Blessings,

Kathy

17 comments:

  1. Awesome ACEO...Congratulations Kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was hoping you would win. I loved this little fellow from the first time that I saw him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! What a little sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one that Marlene did. I display it in a little black metal lantern that has four glass panels. The picture of a candle sits perfectly inside one of the lantern panels on my coffee table. Beautiful!

    BTW - I love your little gal! She's so Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Leola!

    Awwww - thanks, Graceful!

    Thanks, Joann =)

    Thanks, Lee! I really like your little guy - wonderful snowy sky!

    Thank you, TiLT!

    Thanks, Linda! What a wonderful display for an ACEO! Marlene does great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's adorable! and congrats! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Kathleen! I love your little groundhog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! The little groundhog is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Brenda =)

    Thanks, Beaded!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your win. What a sweet groundhog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Splendid!

    Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am following you! I love your Illustrations, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails