Friday, February 25, 2011

You just never know what you will see next out here! Funtry Friday!

Keep your eyes open and you will be surprised
by what you see out in the country!

What's going on out there?
Cows!  Can we go play?


Bet this isn't something you see on Main St., Big City, USA.
Round-up time!

I have learned to walk softly and look carefully 
because you never know what beautiful things you might miss ~
like this 'ice collage' shining in the morning light.


I've learned to look at things from a different angle.
And, I've learned that Billie Jane would rather eat breakfast
than watch me take pictures!


But I still stop and enjoy the simple sights ~
like ice crystals and interesting abstract shapes
that just happen to catch my eye.


Speaking of ice crystals and abstract shapes ~ check this out!
The entire surface is frozen in a pattern of ice crystals 
and around the sides there are ice crystals
hovering above the surface.


Amazing!  They are almost an inch above the water - er, ice - line.
I tried to hold one to photograph it, but the warmth of my fingers melted it before the camera could focus.  LOL - fast ice, slow camera =p


One of my favorite country things is all the fresh produce and eggs.
Since early February she has presented me with 16 eggs!
That is pretty spectacular for a 14 year old chicken =)
With all these nice big eggs, I think it's time to do some baking!

What's your favorite country sight?
Share it with me in the comments!

Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Our country is quite a bit different from yours. We have hills and grassy fields. I love to see cows grazing, especially this time of the year when there are lots of new calves in the pastures. I also love all the birds, especially the hawks who are screeching and staking claims to territory and flying low and hanging out close to the house. I guess there really isn't anything I don't love about the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BackyardNaturePhotosFebruary 26, 2011 at 4:05 AM

    So I was enjoying the AC yesterday and you're taking photos of ice formations.
    Way to go Mrs. Chicken!
    My favorite part of living out in the country is watching the animals just being themselves. Baby season is coming soon which makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Kathy. I received my PIF and it is gorgeous and I love it. My husband also loves it and we will be getting it framed. Thank you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ice shots are Great!
    I like walking in a cornfield on hot summer days. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds beautiful, Graceful!

    Thanks, Lee =) That sounds like fun and I bet it smells good, too.

    You're welcome, Marlene =) Glad you got your (((very late*blushes*))) PIF and that you enjoyed it! It was fun to do =)

    Backyard - Oooohhhh! Baby season is soooo much fun. I think I'm going to get some baby chicks this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun. Wow that is a lot of eggs yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Pam - and she is still laying! I think she just wanted to take a few months off and rest up - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails