Sunday, January 16, 2011

Timeless reflections...


Stormy
 What brings you the most joy when you are creating something? 

Is it the satisfaction of a job well done?  Is it the smiles of those who will feast on the meal you have prepared?  The warmth someone will enjoy from your quilt?  The beauty that you now see before you?

For me, the joy is in the creating.  When I am lost in a painting, time seems suspended.  I find myself in a quiet eddy while the torrent of the busy-ness of life rushes by unheaded.

Five minutes?  Three hours?  Who knows.  In the quiet stillness I hear the sound of the brush against the paper, and feel an occasional splash of cool water.  I watch the painting emerge on the paper until, with a deep breath, I push away from my table and become suddenly aware that time has resumed and life swirls around me.

My 'timeless moment' has passed and left a splash of color on what was once white paper.  The joy of creating this painting is in that 'timeless moment'.

I enjoy other 'timeless moments'.  Watching a sunset.  Brushing the horses.  Playing with my grandchildren.  Time passes by while I stop and just 'be' and not 'do'.  Our days can become so full of what needs to be done, that it is easy to forget to take time to just 'be'.  These 'timeless moments' are a great way to recharge, refresh and renew! 

Have you had a 'timeless moment' today?  Did you take time to just 'be'?
I hope so!

Blessings,
Kathy 

And do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
so that you may prove what the will of God is,
that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting and such a great reminder. It is easy to forget to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly how I feel! Love the painting...luscious colors and peaceful feeling! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words describing how it feels when you paint are beautiful and so true for me as well. I have tried to describe it before but I have failed, that was perfect. I love your painting ~ the way you blend you colors is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! That's it - time passes by unnoticed when I have a brush in my hand. Lovely sky! I like the "be" time ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the reminder to just be in the moment. Usually my mind works so quickly thinking about all the things I need to do that I miss the moment.
    It seems only when I'm painting do I forget the 'real' world
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Marlene! I have to remind myself to 'be' daily!

    Thanks, Graceful Moments!

    Thanks for your encouragement, Wax Beach Artist!

    Thank you, Lee! Appreciate the compliment =)

    pink - I think our creative times are a doorway to quieting some of the busy-ness that crowds our worlds. Quiet 'just being moments' help me to focus on what is really important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post Kathy. I always seem to keep myself busy and forget to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pam! It is easy to get too busy - and hard to take the time we need to 'recharge'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails