• Make sure your photographs are clear and make sure that they adequately show all angles of your items.
• Use all of your photographs. If you don't require them all to describe your item, then fill up the other images with photographs that show related items, a way to display your item, special sales or discounts, or a little mini-biography about you.
|Best Friend with a reminder to check out mt other artwork.|
• Use all of your description tags. All 14 of them! Be sure your main category is first and your next most descriptive word is second. Don’t forget to use color, size, medium, season, scent, shape, etc. - anything that you might search for if you were looking for this item. Do not use 'cute' phrases in your tags unless that is a legitimate way to search for your item.
|Here are some tags that I might use for Beach Baby~|
art, original painting, collage, acrylic painting, tern, bird, beach,
summer, blue, brown, feathers, castteam, tapestry316, roeth
• Spend time connecting with people in the forums. There are LOTS of great threads there for both buyers and sellers and it is a wonderful way to meet some very fun people on Etsy. Chat with them, leave meaningful and helpful comments, and visit their shops. They will probably do the same for you.
• Join a team - or two or three! Don't go team crazy - join only the teams where you can successfully participate.
• Promote your shop outside of Etsy. Many people use Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks to share listings, treasuries and team activities. Blogging is another way to share what is going on in your shop. Some people create an email list to send a newsletter for special sales, etc. Experiment and see what works best for you!
Well, that's enough to get you started! Stroll over to your shop and check your listings. How do you photographs look? Are your tags relevant? Been to the forums lately? Once your shop is all spruced up, spend a little time sharing it both on and off Etsy.
While you do that, I will get together some information about some of the recent changes to our Profile page along with a few suggestions on how to keep the traffic flowing to your shop items!