Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some thoughts about now...

There are still lots of sunflowers blooming around here!  I love to watch them turn their little flower faces to the sun throughout the day.  I amazes me that a plant can move to seek the sun...  *roflol*  I know - crazy thing to be amazed by, but I am amazed!

This morning the whole roadside bevy of sunflowers were facing the rising sun.  Now, thy have turned and are starting to face west.  Relentlessly, they follow the sun - day by day, hour by hour...

When I watch them do this, I have a habit of calling them Sonflowers *laughs* Watching them reminds me to keep my eyes on the Son, Jesus.  Now if I could just be as diligent  as those flowers...


Sometimes I wonder what a difference it would make for our country, too, if we kept our eyes on the Son.  In any case, I think we would be wise to heed His words ~

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves;
so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." 
Matthew 10:16


In the days following this anniversary of 9/11, we need to have forgiveness - and we need to also be watchful and pray for our leaders and our country.

Well, that's my 'two cents' worth, as my Mom always used to say!  Hope you all are having a blessed weekend!  Have a happy start of a brand new week =)

Blessings,
Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Kathy, wonderful reminder for this glorious Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that photo! And indeed we must pray.

    "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2Ch 7:14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marlene =)

    Very true, Karin - that is one of my favorite Scriptures to pray for our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true! all of it! We must lean on God without him, we are doomed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Kathy. God Bless those who were lost in 9/11.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails