Saturday, September 4, 2010

Right place at the right time! More baby pictures!!!

Check this out!

Tonight I was in the right place at the right time!  I snuck around the goat pen and ended up by my fence just about the time the adult guineas were moving.  The babies were on one side of the fence and the adults were on the other side.  And then......

The babies came through the fence - right between my feet!

That little fuzzy spot of blue in the up left corner is me! 

Isn't this baby cute!  They are all hatched with stripes like this - but in all different colors.  These are still very young so they don't have any real feathers except on the very tips of their wings.  You can just barely see the little wing feather on this baby.  Look at the baby's right wing and you can see where it is smoother and not quite as fluffy.

Here are some of the little ones heading over to mama and the other adults.  The grey one is the mama.

And off they go! There are more babies than what you see here - six or seven - *roflol* it is really hard to count them because they move so fast!

So, now you have Funtry Friday part two on Saturday *winks* Hope you're having a great weekend!

Blessings,
Kathy

14 comments:

  1. BackyardNaturePhotosSeptember 4, 2010 at 8:38 PM

    Oh my, so sweet. You couldn't have gotten any closer! I look forward to your blog. There's something to say about animal lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Backyard =) We do share that love! I was so excited - lol - but I had to stand VERY still! *happy dance* had to wait ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are so cute and how fun that you got to see them so close up! Angel and Isabella would be mesmerized by them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, being an animal lover, I really enjoy coming to you blog!! Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy they are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures...no blur :D

    It's always fun to stop by here and see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable! after your last post I went to google them to see how they sound, and found myself on Youtube, where I proceeded to watch several videos of guinea hens. So thanks to you, the rest of the night was spent in front of my computer, enjoying these hens, then I proceeded to peacock videos, then chickens, lol! Needless to say, no art was done, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little darlings too. But they sure have big mouths when they grow up!!!(loud) hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *roflol* Sharla, I am trying with all my might to convince Forrest and Oranges Bajornages to leave them all alone!

    You are welcome, Magic!

    Thank you, Marlene - I love baby chicks of any kind!

    Thanks, Lee! I was so excited to be able to get this close to them!

    *roflol* Betty - hope you had your speakers on loud ;-)

    Totally true, Kim! But I still love them =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute babies you have! My kiddos would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know a kiddo who doesn't love the little fuzzy babies, Very Verdant! They just go together =)

    Thanks, TiLT =) they are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Carole - I am enjoying our little babies =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails