Friday, September 17, 2010

Funtry Friday on the road again!

Care to join me for a little stroll around the 'block'?  Grab your walking shoes and your camera!  Here we go....


Good morning, Penne!  Hungry?  Guess we should feed her before we take off for our walk.  Here you go....  I love the pretty green feathers on her neck.  She is molting now and I am finding all kinds of VERY cool fluffly feathers all over the place =)

Oh, look!


Wow!  those babies can run just about as fast as the adults! 


Quick!  one more photo before they dive into the bushes and dash away!  The babies have feathers now so they don't look all fuzzy anymore.  They sure do grow fast!

Okay, let's head down the road over here....


Well, what in the world?  Usually there are little birds at the sod farm, but these are pretty big and they have long stilty legs...  'Course, we have had a few lost pelicans and an egret here, too - you just never know what we will see!  Nice of the sod farm guys to give them a good puddle =)

YIKES!  What was that?


Oh, my!  how cute!  *whew*  I am not sure who was more startled - this little guy or me!  I almost stepped on him before he dashed out from under the bush and headed to the other side of the fence.  Hmmmm..... 

I think it's time to head back to the lil' old homestead and get out the paints.  That little guy is really cute and he needs to be a painting!

Well, thanks for joining me on my Funtry Friday walk!  I'll catch you on the other side of this little painting =)

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
Blessings,
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. I'll take a walk with you anytime, quite a lot to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun walk! Can't wait to see the lil' bunny in his own painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BackyardNaturePhotosSeptember 18, 2010 at 3:52 AM

    Love your walks & critter adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along on your walk, I love watching all the animals and wildlife. Bunny is going to be a very cute painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much to see on your walks! Love the baby birds and the bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the stroll! Glad I got some exercise in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining me on my walk! Glad you liked all the critters =) There is always a lot to see out here - and it makes the exercise much more fun! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for inviting us for a walk! The chicks are so cute! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Story =) Glad you enjoyed your stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You see such fun critters on your walk! I'd love going on a stroll with you!

    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, Sadie! So happy to have you strolling with me! Next time we'll bring Lova and Cookie, too ;-) and you can all play in the puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how many animals you have to photograph. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, Carole - and these are just the daytime ones ;-) But I am not brave enough for the night time ones =p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails