Sunday, August 29, 2010

Written in the sand...

Okay - what do you see here?

Dirt?
Road?
Weeds?

Or more?

I see that on this hot dry morning I was not the only person out and about.  Several vehicles made their way down the road. 

And those footprints?  Looks like Lorie and Prissy went for a walk, too =)  Yep!  Prissy made a pass through the grass on the side of the road - I can see her tracks there and those are definitely Lories footprints.

I like to see these little reminders of my friend for more than one reason.  My friend, Lorie, is also my prayer partner.  She and I have shared prayers for many years.  Prayers of joys and sorrows, kids and finances, illness and deaths... We have left footprints for each other on our road of life.  Footprints that tell us we are not alone - someone out there is praying!

How about you?  Has someone left a few footprints for you?

Blessings,
Kathy

Return, O my soul, to your rest;
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
Psalm 116:7 

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful observation.
    Thank you, thank you for sharing.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!! Yes, many footprints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post, thank you for sharing. I've had many footprints left on my soul & I hope I've left some along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I meet the Lord - He will be able to see all of the footprints left on my heart.

    Thank You!
    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Kathy ;o) Thank-you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes I think that there is no one praying, but of course that is a lie--the footprints prove it!!!! (Even if we can't see them at times!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see tire tracks, dog tracks, human footprints in addition to what you said....maybe a couple of rocks.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone =) Glad you enjoyed seeing some of my footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post because it so reminds me of my best friend... though she is 600+ miles away her footprints are still right next to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you can take a simple picture and make it into such a beautiful post!
    You always see the beauty in the everyday :) That is a special trait to keep hold of :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to have friends like that, pfd!

    Thank you, memories =) What a sweet thing to say - made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post Kathy! :)
    I agree with memoriesforlife. You can transform the simplest picture into a truly special post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Pam! So sweet of you to say =) Made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails