Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wonderland, here I come! Re-Charge!

Just like Alice, charging down the rabbit hole! well, almost...


Okay, I am sure that I was not nearly as graceful as Lewis Carroll's Alice, but I did go down the rabbit hole... at least part of the way.  Well, more accurately, I slipped, and slid to the ground with one foot down Benny's rabbit hole and my keester in the stickers.  Hmmm...  I don't remember that part being in "Alice Through the Looking Glass"...

As I was sitting there amidst the rabbit weeds two thoughts came to my mind... 

First, I wondered if Benny Bunny was going to recover from his state of fright at my invasion of his hidey hole.  He can move really fast when he wants to!  Benny dashed to the farthest corner of his pen in total confusion due to his inability to retreat into his once safe little home. 

And, second, I was reminded of something I had read this morning from "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale about the positive affects of taking time just to sit.  I am sure that Dr. Peale did not envision someone sticking a foot in a rabbit hole and sitting (firmly) in a sticker patch; however, that was where my 'sit' happened.  And it lasted a while because I was laughing too hard to get up =p

Dr. Peale's suggestion is that people need to take time every day to stop, relax, pray and recharge.  When they do that, they can return to their busy day refreshed and ready to meet any challenge.  Actually, I did apply what I had read. Well, I couldn't help it. I was a prisoner of my own laughter so I sat there for a while.  When I finally recovered (and, by the way, so did Benny), I did feel refreshed by both the pause in my routine and by the laughter. 

So, the next time you feel a little harried and rushed, you might want to do like I did and jump down a rabbit hole.  Just make sure there isn't a sticker patch where you will plant your keester...  Or, you (being much more clever!) just might prefer a cup of hot cocoa and a comfy chair for a few minutes.  Yep - ditch the rush and frazzle part of the day (and the rabbit hole!), and take a break to Re-Charge with a little rest, prayer and relaxation.  You will be amazed at how a few minutes rest gives you a lot of Re-Charge to face the day's challenges and you will be all the more creative after a few minutes of "sit"!

It's official take a break time!  Enjoy =)
Blessings,
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Agreed! A little bit of 'sit' goes a long way.
    That sounds like something Winnie the Pooh would say ... and that bear is famous for his wisdom. :-)
    Let's all learn to sit and just 'be'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BackyardNaturePhotosSeptember 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM

    Shame on Benny for not offering you a foot up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a "sit" is good, stickers not so much. I start my day like that - and I try really, really hard to remember to do just that a couple of times during the day, especially here at work. It is amazing what just a few quiet moments of prayer will do to improve your outlook! Thanks for the walk down memory lane - I remember stepping in a rabbit hole at the house on Stella - remember the rabbits we had?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also start my day with a planned "Sit". And I try to do it with out the sticky bushes as well. I just want you to know I was laughing with you and not at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Winnie the Pooh =) Very philosophical bear ;-)

    LOL, Backyard - I think he was just a little startled and not quite himself at the moment...

    haha! Karin, as I was writing this I was thinking about your rabbits, too! lol! Taking time during the day to stop and recharge is definitely a good idea.

    Kim ~ The more laughter, the better! I am sure that once Benny recovered, he gave a little bunny chortle, too ;-) And, yes, sit with out the sticky bushes is MUCH better! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Kathy! Too funny! I hope you didn't hurt yourself. I would have!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kathy , I would have still been in the rabbit hole laughing!! Glad you didn't hurt yourself ;o)It's always good to recharge and breathe ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *lol* Pam - too much keester padding to do much damage ;-)

    Magic - If I had my art supplies with me, I might have parked there a bit longer *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Kathy...you are a riot. My life is so boring compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Carole - *LOL* nope - not too many boring moments in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails