Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grab a good book and a cuppa...

I love my etsy teams!  It's fun to share thoughts, challenges and ideas with other people who have a common interest.  This month the Etsy Bloggers are blogging about (among other things) a favorite 'book, movie, or get-away spot over the summer'.  Wow - I have all three things to blog about ;-)

"The Scarlet Pimpernel" starring Leslie Howard (yep - the old black and white version!) has been a favorite movie of mine for absolutely years!!!  I was browsing through The Salvation Army store, and I found this little paperback version of the original story written by Baroness Orczy (do NOT ask me how to pronounce her name!).  Immediately, I was whisked away to England and France for a great swashbuckling adventure.  I am sooooo not going to spoil any of the story, but I will tell you that the book and the movie have different endings ;-) and I was so glad to have read the book to find out how the author ended her book!

Oh, yeah - remember I said that I had all three things this summer - a book, a movie, and a great get-away?  I bought this little book to take with me while my sister and I wandered over to California to visit family.  My favorite get-away always involve a destination with family and/or friends!

Hmmm....  see the other book peeking out from behind "The Scarlet Pimpernel"?  That's another favorite of mine which I will return to this Fall.  If you have never read Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol", put it on your must read list.  You will be amazed!  Time to toss out all the Hollywood-isms, and grab a good book and a cuppa (cocoa for me!) and enjoy what the author really had to say!

What was your favorite 'read' this summer?
Blessings,
Kathy

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails