Sunday, August 15, 2010

The best lawnmowers in the world - possibly in the universe!

Care to join me on a peaceful Sunday afternoon at the home place? 

I just keep thinking about Psalm 23:1-2 today...  The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures...  Yeah, I complained about the weeds this week, but hidden in those weeds is some lucious grass - at least my lawnmowers think so! 
Okay, I know that David was out in the fields with sheep - but this still reminds me of the peaceful, green pastures that I think he was talking about when he wrote Psalm 23.

And David was probably not listening to the rustling of the wind in the cottonwoods...

And sheep are not nearly as noisy as horses when they run around...

And I am about 99% sure that David did not hear the distant whistle of the train, either...

But my peaceful Sunday afternoon, still reminds me of his Psalm.

And those still are the best lawnmowers in the universe!  Especially since they are self propelled and fueling themselves at the same time! *winks*

So how was your Sunday afternoon?  Hope you had some peace and quiet, too!
Blessings,
Kathy

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely Sunday. Your horses look so peaceful and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - I would have loved to be in your pastures today or any day.

    Wonderful post.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. BackyardNaturePhotosAugust 16, 2010 at 3:21 AM

    Ah yes, the kind of peace everyone needs in their lives.
    Wonderful photos.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. That may just be the best way to mow the lawn yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Sunday afternoon, wish I could have joined you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plus, they spread manure, thereby insuring they have a never-ending supply of fuel! It is definitely a win-win situation! The man who runs horses, sheep and goats in the field next to our church has a sign out front offering free manure - I am thinking we need to drive the truck to church next week instead of my car so I can get some free manure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Marlene - it was fun to sit and watch them =)

    Karin *roflol* Hey - I can add rabbit to that - you'll want to skip the chicken, though =p... oh, but no sheep here... however, I am sure that Lorie next door will give you some cow ;-)

    I think so, memories!

    Thanks, Jane! and so very true =)

    Sue and Rita - come on over =) there's a chair on the porch waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great lawn mowers you have! I've only seen goat mowers but the horse ones are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Beaded - sometimes I add an auxilliary goat mower - expecially when the weeds are this high! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true, Kathy. Around here goats are bought just for that purpose....by businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL - Carole, I know some people have done that in TX, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like your horses like your pastures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That they do, Pam! They get really excited to come out and gobble it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails