Tuesday, July 13, 2010

There's a Sock Monkey craze going on out there!

And I just couldn't resist putting my creative 'spin' on it!  So here's a little pile of fun stuff to start me out...


Any guesses?  what I am going to make???

I am 'spurred on' to create this little critter because I have a granddaughter who is turning four years old this week, so nobody had to 'rope me in' and convince me to make her a little something.  'Hay', you just never know - I might 'corral' her and get to play, too!  It's a 'shoe in', for sure!

Okay - here's another peek at the little critter in progress...


Meanwhile, 'back at the ranch', did you know that I used to make and sell collector's dolls?  yep!  That was a few years ago *roflol*  I enjoyed the creative process of doll making in the same way that I enjoy the creative process in painting.  There is something very satisfying about watching a pile of (fill in the blank with your favorite supplies) turn into (fill in the blank with the greatest artistic creation on the planet)! 

I have had a lot of fun shaping that pile of stuff into what is turning into a cute little critter with lots of personality. 

What have you had fun creating this week?  Have you been in your 'regular creative groove' or did you do like I did and take a little 'creative vacation' and do something different?

Blessings,
Kathy

PS - Check back tomorrow and you can see the finished little critter!

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute so far *winks*

    Funny, I used to create dolls too, pouting babies to be exact, they were a ton of fun!

    I have been playing with different things, finished a beaded ACEO today!

    Will check back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Monkey, you can tell he is going to be adorable.
    We are all so similar, I used to create porcelain dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "stuff"! did a monkey for my monkey's baby boy. They are fun!
    Long list of creative ventures including macrame (I can macrame anything. LOL)
    I did rag dolls :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how cool that so many of us did something involving dolls!

    These sock monkeys look like a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sock horse monkey! Of course I remember your dolls - and I still make dolls. The ones I make now are cloth dolls based on vintage dolls. She is a lucky little girl and I am sure she will LOVE the sock baby. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - look at all the doll makers! Awesome!

    I used to make porcelain dolls, too, Marlene - a long time ago =)

    Pouty babies - how cute, Pam!

    Lee - very fun! My sister did a lot of macrame - lol - I never mastered that!

    Totally, Karin ;-) Your dolls sound really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails