Monday, July 19, 2010

On the other side of this keyboard...

...is a real person...

If you follow me on twitter or you are my friend on facebook...  If you chat with me in the Etsy forums or are on one of my Etsy teams...  If you are one of my real life friends or lovely family members...

Then you probably know that I have asked for prayer for Crystal, my friend's granddaughter, who has leukemia.  We are praying that her next bone marrow test in about 10 days will show that she is cancer free!

If you know me from anywhere, you will also already know that I am a shy, quiet, ***wallflower*** who is always timid and...

NOT!!!  ***roflol***  So it should not surprise you that when I heard from my friend, I searched out everyone everywhere and asked them to pray. 

I even contacted one of my favorite ministries, Joni and Friends, because I saw that they took prayer requests.  And... I learned, once again, to remember that 'on the other side of the keyboard... is a real person.'  Sometimes we forget...  Here is my reminder ~


I received a lovely, encouraging note from Jan Marie at Joni and Friends ~ and an uplifting pdf E-Book by Joni, plus (via 'snail mail') this wonderful devotional.

Now at Joni and Friends there are people praying for Crystal...  praying...  wondering...  typing...  working... playing... and doing all the 'real life' things we all do.  Distinct individuals who do not disappear when I turn off my computer.

It's a good thing to remember and, for me, it makes me appreciate all of you even more!

Have a blessed day - both on the computer and in 'real life'!
Blessings,
Kathy

PS And please say a little prayer for Crystal -
and Jan Marie and everyone at Joni and Friends, too!
Thank you!!!

13 comments:

  1. Crystal and your friends are now added to my prayer list!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie and Graceful!!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for healing for Crystal too
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for Crystal and for all those that may need the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still praying for Crystal. You know, our Pastor says that our Sunday evening Prayer Service is the most important one in the church, and he is right. It is so good to know that we can boldly approach the Throne with our problems, needs and cares at any time and that He will hear us! It is the only thing that has gotten me through some points in my life. I will be anxiously awaiting the news on Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for Crystal and for everyone else, who needs a prayer ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your prayers! I just found out that Lorie's daughter, Amanda, is having significant heart issues and needs prayers for healing, too!

    Blessings to you all =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I have been praying for Crystal. I can't imagine what she is going through, I hope she gets good news. Prayers for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will pray for your friend's granddaughter. I can't even imagine what she might be going through. But I fell with all of your prayer support things will turn out well for the little girl. God Bless them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all!!! and PRAISE THE LORD!!!! CRYSTAL IS IN REMISSION!!!! She thanks you for all of your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails