Sunday, June 27, 2010

The DAWG Team June Quest!

The Designing Artist Women's Group June Quest Challenge is to do a Monochormatic or a Fruits of the Spirit ACEO.  I kind of combined both ideas in this little ACEO.


A monochromatic painting is done in one color which is tinted or darkened.  I used a lovely Holbein Green Gray artist grade transparent watercolor, black transparent watercolor, and titanium white gouache to paint this little ACEO.  Holbein paint has a lot of 'color punch' so it is a great choice to do a monochromatic painting because it is pure pigment and binder with no fillers.

I enjoy challenges, and this one was a lot of fun.   Here's where the Fruits of the Spirit are located ~

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Galatians 5:22, Holy Bible 

I chose to show 'faithfulness'.  Here is what I wrote on the back of the ACEO ~ "He is faithful to provide if we are faithful to walk His path." 

I made the path curved - you can't see around the 'bend in the road'.  That's just the way life is!  There are a few clouds and some hills out there - but there's a lovely tree to stop and rest under before I brave the clouds or climb the hills.  And everything is green - no winter here.  *big smile*  Besides which, I know I am not walking this path alone!

"Faithfulness" will be listed in my etsy shop - when I am more awake *laughs* so that I won't make lots of typos!  Hope you enjoyed the preview.

Blessings,
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. what a beautiful painting! It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the symbolism. Very soothing.

    Love
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! so glad you enjoyed it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! a lovely image and the explanation is fabulous! I have a thing for pathways, especially when they disappear around a bend or into trees. It invites me to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Splendid! I have that same fascination =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails