Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!  Since it is Mother's Day in this neck of the woods, I thought that I would share some Mother's Day fun.  Enjoy!

Here's a cookbook I made for my mom in 1957. 
Mom kept this little treasure with her recipes.
The very fun bread box was a gift from my daughter
many years ago when she was in Junior High.
The apples are not that old!  *roflol*


Mom did this painting of her mother's pitcher.
Now I have both the painting and the pitcher.


This is a charming little painting of some grapes.
Mom did several small paintings like this.


Mom loved painting water and she did several paintings
similar to this one.  This is one of my favorite paintings.


We all liked this painting so well that Mom started to
paint the same subject again several times.  None of the other
paintings were ever finished.  This one is in my sister's collection
of Mom's paintings.  (hehe - you can tell by the white wall...  *winks*)

Hope you enjoyed these 'Mom Memories' today!
Blessings to you all,
Kathy

For this child I prayed; and the Lord has granted
me my petition which I made to Him.
1 Samuel 1:27

6 comments:

  1. We now see where you got your talent! Your mom's paintings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful art! How cool that you have something you made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom was very talented!!! I can see where you got your love of art :)
    And how special for her to keep that recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Mom was a very good painter and she even sold a few paintings at local art fairs. She really preferred to paint and give them away to family and friends, though, so a lot of people have been blessed by her artwork over the years.

    I was so surprised to find that little cookie cook book among her things. I agree - it is fun that she kept it all those years =) I am tempted to try some of those recipes, too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower, posted your Etsy on my favorites Esty mini on my blog. Your horse paintings are fabulous. Stop by for a visit sometime, Thanks and Many Blessing, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Deborah - you have a fun blog - I am following you now =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails