Friday, May 7, 2010

Funtry Friday - Country Mamas

Hey, Mother's Day is Sunday so I thought that I would have a little mama fun on Funtry Friday.  Here is some fun in the country to celebrate the joys and the *ahem* other *joys* of motherhood *winks*

Ahhhh - a little bovine bliss!


Nothing like a watchful mother to guide your way!


There's no place like home!  "I wish Mom would
just sit down so I could get out of this wind..."


Yep.  Picture says it all, doesn't it?!

And one last special photograph.  This one has my Nana (my mother's mom) at the table with my Dad in uniform (Navy) and my Granddaddy. 


The Etsy Blogger's Carnival for Mother's Day is to share a special memory about your mother or grandmother.  I will share something special about Mom on Mother's Day - so I decided to share something special about Nana today.

Nana loved animals and she was always nursing some critter that my uncle would bring to her house.  She had a ton of parakeets at one time.  Apparently a pet store had a bit of an accident and they got loose.  He chased them in his trees and caught them all for her.  Another time, she bottle fed one of my uncle's lambs until he could turn it out with the other lambs.  As a child, it was fun for me when she had a new critter at her house.   Oh, yeah - she was a 'farm girl' when she was young, but she did all of this in her home in downtown Phoenix, AZ!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Fun post, I love seeing the baby animals and this is a perfect time of year for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Oh how I dream of a spread like that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...aren't the babies just so cute!!!
    I see now where you get such a love for animals from :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love the animals! So cute!
    I can see you take after your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both my grandmothers were fond of animals - lol - and so was my dad =) I do love the babies around here - these are not ALL mine! lol - some belong to the neighbors =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails