Don't loose your marbles *winks* take your art journal along with you and...
- Sketch out ideas for new paintings.
- Do small, quick colored pencil sketches of the scenery while you drive.
- Take along a travel watercolor set and do a quick watercolor sketch when you stop for lunch.
- Grab a set of markers and relax in the evening by doodling about what you saw during the day.
- Take a stack of blank ACEOs (Art Cards Editions and Originals) with you. These little 2.5 x 3.5 inch critters are small enough to finish quickly and would make great gifts for the people you will visit along the way.
- Make a list of the favorite things you have seen, tasted, touched, smelled, and heard while you are traveling. Read them when you get home and I bet you will have a great idea for some artwork.
- Stopping at the beach? Do a painting 'en plein aire'! (In the open air - painting outside is lots of fun - especially when you are painting a special memory.)
- Take LOTS of reference photos for when you are back in your studio.
- Remember to have lots of fun while you travel this summer!