Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Art on the go!


Will you be traveling this summer?  Do those long road trips make you nuts?  Well, here's an idea that is both fun and productive!

Don't loose your marbles *winks* take your art journal along with you and...

  • Sketch out ideas for new paintings.
  • Do small, quick colored pencil sketches of the scenery while you drive.
  • Take along a travel watercolor set and do a quick watercolor sketch when you stop for lunch.
  • Grab a set of markers and relax in the evening by doodling about what you saw during the day.
  • Take a stack of blank ACEOs (Art Cards Editions and Originals) with you.  These little 2.5 x 3.5 inch critters are small enough to finish quickly and would make great gifts for the people you will visit along the way.
  • Make a list of the favorite things you have seen, tasted, touched, smelled, and heard while you are traveling.  Read them when you get home and I bet you will have a great idea for some artwork.
  • Stopping at the beach?  Do a painting 'en plein aire'!  (In the open air - painting outside is lots of fun - especially when you are painting a special memory.)
  • Take LOTS of reference photos for when you are back in your studio.
  • Remember to have lots of fun while you travel this summer!
Have a safe trip!
Blessings,
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. I always make sure to bring some creative work along with me :)
    Jesse told me I'm no longer allowed to bring an exacto knife in the car though...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to take along some sort of art supplies to work on while I am away from home. You gave me some ideas I hadn't thought of though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *roflol* Yeah, I'm thinking that knitting may go the way of your exacto knife, memories!

    Thanks, Julie =)

    Thanks, Marlene - I love to take my artwork with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to take along a watercolor sketch book, and draw with watercolor pencils. I haven't done this in a few years. Maybe I'll get back to it.
    Someday, I 'd like to do some ACEOs. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful marbles, and what great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid - they are lots of fun! Check out the 7 Card Draw aceo fun on Etsy!

    Thanks, Carole!

    Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails