Sunday, April 11, 2010

Memories...

Yesterday would have been my parents anniversary.  They were married April 10, 1946, in what was both a difficult and a hopeful time for our country as well as for them.  That did not stop them from moving forward, raising a family, working hard, and enjoying life.
This is their engagement photograph.  Hehe - Mom told me (several times) that she is wearing a red blouse *winks* I guess that made her just a 'wee bit' of a rebel *laughs*.  Anyway, here is the (I think *winks*) very handsome couple looking forward to a future full of plans.  Some of those plans were accomplished, others fell by the wayside, and some, upon a closer look, were tossed into the 'round file'.

Growing up with them as my parents was a lot of fun (even with a pesky little sister who now has permanent best friend status).  Mom and Dad left lots of 'love prints' on our hearts.  That's probably why red is one of my favorite colors (my livingroom is red) and why I can enjoy the simple things in life (like chasing tumbleweeds with grandkids =p ).  Oh, and they did give me the best focus of all.  Here it is, in Mom's favorite Bible verse ~

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

Do you have a favorite verse?  You never know who might be encouraged when you share it!

Blessings,
Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty couple! I enjoyed your story & your blog is beautiful! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary for your parents!!! They're so beautiful in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a nice photo - hope you have the original stored in a cool and dry place (I've just come from giving a talk about family photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to your family!
    I love looking at "old" photos.
    a favorite quote?--it changes with the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a loving tribute to your parents. They are a lovely couple! I love to read stories about people's parents. Your mom's favorite verse is one of mine. I suppose that Phil 4:6 has to be my favorite...probably because my mom was a worrier (her family gave her much to worry about) and I always reminded her:
    "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have very wonderful memories of them :)
    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo! Parents are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, beautiful blog. Sunday's post was a joy to read. A secure childhood is such a blessing. So many do not have those kinds of memories. I love the photo too.

    Rita (sammysgrammy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have seen that photo before! My life verse is Phi. 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am and his grace to me has not been in vain.

    Such lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful anniversary post! Your parents look very sweet, young and happy.

    My favorite Bible verse is
    "Three things will last forever - faith, hope and love - and the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Trish!

    Thank you, Patch =)

    Indeed, storybook! All those bazillion years as a professional picture framer do make a difference ;-)

    Thank you, Splendid!

    I love that verse, too, Graceful =)

    I do, memories =)

    Very true, Julie!

    Thank you, Rita. I was very blessed.

    Entirely possible, Karin =p It has been around for a while ;-) Love that verse!

    Thanks, Pamela - I see your verse written all over your artwork!

    Thank you, Beth =) They were all of those things! Love your verse =) I reminds me of my parents, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful picture. Beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Pam =) Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails