Like my big letters? Nice and subtle, huh ;-) And, no, I didn't draw them - they are from my little rubber stamp collection. They are there because each letter is part of my Art Journal Adventure 'mission statement'. Okay, here goes!
- Jump start your day! For me, that means that I spend some time in prayer where I unload my mind and get ready for the work of the day. This time is often filled with lots of inspiration for new artwork, among a ton of other things!
- One a day! Make art a daily venture ~ either by creating a new painting, or working on an exhisting creation. Even if it is only a doodle ~ do it! Everyday!
- Use new media, new ideas, new techniques! Stretch yourself! Explore!
- Reach for perfection! Dive into some great art books, seek out others to share the creative adventure with, take a class, get a critique ~ strive to improve!
- No ugly self-talk! Hey ~ ugly self-talk is bad, no matter where it pops up! Squash it!!! Ahhhh ~ didn't that feel good???
- Art Journal Adventure is all about 'art' and 'art' is all about everything! Color outside of the lines and have fun!
- Love what you do! Exercise your passion ~ everything in an art journal doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but it should be a part of your personal passion.