- Just mess around! Bet you can create something way better than my little 'block' there! *winks*
- Take a class! There is nothing like a group of artists in one room all sharing ideas to really give your creativity a jump start.
- Keep a notebook by your bed. Did you ever wake up with a great idea, but when you sit down to create you can't remember what it was? Keep a notebook by your bed and jot down all of those great early morning or late night ideas.
- Take a walk in a new place. Go to the park, visit the zoo, go bird watching - a new place to visit will give you lots of inspiration. Don't forget to take your camera to record all of those inspirations!
- Check out an art exhibit. Find a gallery or museum and plan to spend an afternoon just soaking up ideas and surrounding yourself with artwork.
- Visit your local art or craft store and see what's new. A new 'toy' is a great jumpstart to creativity!
- If you usually paint inside, grab your paints and go outside and create.
- Use a different media. Sometimes we just need a change! Don't worry - it's allowed ;-)
- Start an art journal. Need ideas? Check out my "Thursday's Thoughts" and you can watch my jounal adventure unfold.