Monday, April 19, 2010

Ahhhhh *big smile* I LOVE my paint brushes!!!

I love them so much, I thought I would share my favorite brushes with you!
0 Isabey Onyx Kokinsky Sable

My absolute all time favorite brush ever!  Yes, it cost a ghastly fortune, but - hey - I owned an art store *winks*  This brush keeps a wonderful point, has lots of spring, and has lasted well for the many years that I have had it.  I do take very good care of my brushes, though - when I get attached to one, I want to keep it around for a loooonnng time!

7 Silver Brush

I would give you more details from the brush handle, but I use this brush so much that I have worn off all but the size and the name!  This brush also points well (a must for me!) and is great for detail work.  It carries a lot of water and delivers it well, too.  I like the feel of this brush a lot.

Pair those two brushes up with this last one, and you have my favorite trio!
3/8" Connoisseur Risslon Dagger

It is really fun to use this little dagger brush for washes.  It will lay down a broad wash and then come to a delightful point.  It's versatility makes this one of my favorites.

Do you recognize the little painting under those brushes?  It's "Percy" - and these are the three brushes that I used to to paint this very fun little boy.  Check out my Etsy shop for prints of this painting!

Do you have a favorite brush (or tool) that you use when you get creative?  Share the fun!

Blessings,
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Using quality tools makes all the difference doesn't it? Nice to own an art supply store, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great - wish I knew how to paint... maybe when I retire, I can concentrate more and take a class... that might help. My favorite tool? A curved needle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have my favorite brushed. I love using my 1" flat, and I like my small rounds. My newest brush is a very expensive black Squirrel mop brush, it holds lots of water, comes to a great point and is wonderful for washes. I actually have two of these one very large and one medium to small. Both are terrific (can't remember the exact sized off hand and they are way down stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have a variety for different needs :)
    I have 3 paper cutters/scorers and I'm going to order another when it gets in stock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to pull out my watercolors! Ah . . . but not now . . . when I finish unpacking everything from the move! My favorite tools--scissors! I have one pair that I bought in amish country--hand forged! Wonderful!!! And then there is my Fiskars for fabric and my little embroidery scissors, and my utility set, and . . . well you get the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I have a tool that is so perfect! A paintbrush that can keep its point is important. (I paint, too, with dye, which cannot be painted over.) The dagger brush sounds great.
    It was fun to see your brushes and the painting you made with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does, dora! It was fun - I sold my part of the business to my business partner last summer.

    storybeader - that's how I got started. I took a class in 2005 and absolutely fell in love with watercolor.

    ooooohhh! Marlene - those mops sound scrumptious!

    memories - oh, that sounds like so much fun! I have used some of those tools and I have one little set that is fun!

    *roflol* Linda - I have a treasured pair of Ginghers ;-) your hand forged ones sound fantastic!

    Splendid - the dagger is really cool. At first the total softness of the hair threw me, but now I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting info on your brushes! Keep up the great artwork! I love Percy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails