Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday's Words - A little history fun!

Stick your nose into a little historical data, and you will come up with some very wise and sometimes humorous words *winks*


Today from Winston Churchill ~

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all
the others that have been tried."

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations."

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us
as equals."

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject."

I can't decide which is my favorite quote - hehe - which one(s) do you like the best?
 
Blessings,
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Those are great! The pigs one is so true - we used to raise them. They are very smart - if not stinky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us
    as equals."
    Gotta be my favorite and so right on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. History will be kind to me.....

    It certainly was, and he certainly did! Can't say the same about our current government here in the UK....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all good and all are true, to one degree or another, but my favorite is "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves
    up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
    It is right up there with another of my faves from Winston Churchill - "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too, memories! lol!

    Marlene and Audrey - that's got to be one of my favorites, too - hehe - having been around all three of those critters =p lol!

    Myfanwy - Current governments everywhere could learn a LOT of lessons from him! Definitely a leader to be respected.

    Karin - Another great quote - definitely a quote worthy man, too! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute picture! I like the first quote best! They are all cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Pam =) He is very quote worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails