And now, ladies and gentlemen - we pause for a word from our Sponsor because it is time for an attitude adjustment for Kathleen - a little spiritual chiropractic, if you will!
Ahem. Okay. *clears throat* yes. well.... There is a lot to be thankful for here even though I know that I can't get on the roof to fix this. Also, it means no wood fires until it's fixed *gasp* I will have to use the expensive gas heat. And, there is, as you can see, quite a bit of 'dentage' going on here...
But, check out all of the good stuff about this little accident!
- I did not have a roaring fire going at the time. I had run to town, so I had let the fire go out - that meant no sparks could land on the roof or anywhere else.
- With all the wind we had, this gizmo could have been blown into the next county - or through a neighbor's window, or crashed into livestock, or...
- This big clunking chunk of metal could have landed on one of my little dogs. Both of them are just fine!
- Even though the pipe cap has a lot of dents, I think it is still usable - and all of the parts are there.
- My neighbor (who still doesn't run away when I call him to fix stuff) will climb on the roof and fix this for me for a plate of cookies =) Nice to have a contractor who lives next door. I may have to make them brownies, too, for this one ;-) Lorie will make him eat them all *laughs* but I don't think Tim will mind. Beats a huge fix-it bill!
- I know that the chimney sweep I called is definitely not one I will call again. This event answered that question clearly. And, nope, I am not calling him to fix this. Who knows what he would do up there =p
- I have gas heat as well as wood heat (and a couple of little electric heaters) so I will not freeze my tuchus off!
Otherwise I would get really cranky and you wouldn't want to come by and say 'hi'! *winks* It would get really boring here without all of you!!!