Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Morning Drive

It was a lovely rainy day – the kind that are not all full of wind and sideways sleet. I like drizzly days like this and I always have. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I was born during a rain storm.


Anyway, because it was so lovely, I thought I would share some pictures from my morning drive to church.

Nice little muddy road - but not slippery at all!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ugh!  glad I am not going this way!  That road IS slippery =p
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh, look! another vehicle!  It's a Paulden traffic jam!

 
 
 
Here we are at church.  There's some blue sky up there in the midst of the clouds, too.  Hehe - and more trucks than cars parked outside. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  And, yeah - nobody parks on the pavement - roflol!  We all park in the dirt and walk on the pavement.  The church also has a very sturdy carpet just the right shade to hide all of the mud that's tracked inside =p
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lovely clouds on the way home!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and no running water in the wash - just a few puddles  =) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the morning drive!  I am ready to go inside and warm up by the wood stove.  I'll make some hot chocolate if you would like to stop by =)
 
 
 
 
So, what did you see this morning?  sunshine?  snow?  rain? dirt roads? pavement? traffic jams?  Isn't it amazing how varied our lives are and how different our experiences are?!  So many different places to live from apartments to mansions - city to country - valleys to mountains!
 
Hehe - and I didn't even get to the pets, yet *winks*  
 
Hope you had a blessed Sunday wherever you are!
Blessings,
Kathy
 
PS  Pastor Dave got me to thinking about all of this because he was talking about the many 'rooms' that God has prepared - each one uniquely suited to one person ~ 
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so,
would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
John 14:2

8 comments:

  1. We had a little sun yesterday, but not much. Our granddaughter and I tried to play in the snow some but it was just too darn cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put on the chocolate! I'm acoming! Now that was thoroughly enjoyable! I love seeing others' worlds. I took photos on the way to and from church yesterday as well. The sky started out pretty cloudy, and then, off and on, there was blue and sun. It has been so cold--around 19 degrees that the snow, even today is still layered on the tree branches. It's very beautiful.
    It was interesting to see your muddy roads. That's something that doesn't happen here, because, I suppose, we have more vegetation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I love the rain as well and am looking forward to it while the snow falls here. Is it too much to hope that some day the good Lord provides me with a nice, warm rain with rainbows after it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a humdinger of a gully washer at about 3:00 a.m. on Sunday. It was great! I really didn't even consider getting up and taking photos, though - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our day, in Oregon, started out very dreary! But when we emerged from church, we found it really pleasant with the blue sky peeping thru the clouds and the sunshine trying hard to fill our day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beantree - it has been cold here, too - thankfully, not much wind.

    brrrr, Splendid! that's cold =p I put that hot cocoa on and you bring your pictures, okay *winks*

    Patti - It would be nice to have a gentle warm rain about now =)

    LOL - hey, why not, Karin??? c'mon! lol!

    How nice, Linda! sounds very pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful church! Thanks for sharing your weather fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pam =) It's fun to share my adventures ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails