Friday, January 1, 2010

Funtry Friday ~ No New Year’s Resolutions!

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, so I don't have any great "things I am going to do tomorrow and probably quit doing by next Friday" list to torment you with today. I am WAY too busy keeping up with my Funtry - hehe, my Country Fun *winks* to stop and do that.  Anyway, wouldn't you rather see this pretty little girl?  It has been really cold lately - but not as cold as when I took this photo ~


 
There was lots of ice this day - including on the horses.  All those white flecks on Billie Jane are ice!

Anyway - I won't share any New Year's Resolutions, but I will share some fun pictures and I will also share some of my favorite web sites that have inspired me, helped me, and given me a bit of fun along the way...
How do I know what the inside of a hot water heater looks like (as well as a bazillion other questions I have had)? About.com  There are tutorials on ALL kinds of cool art and craft projects there, too.

How did I find out about a weed killer that I can make and that is so cheap that I can use it all over the place - and it safe to use? Everyday Cheapskate  She has some really awesome hints, recipes and advice in her free email newsletter.
Where did I learn about budgeting, financial planning, and a lot of other helpful poop like that? Crown Financial  They have a free email newsletter, too.

How do I keep my messie tendencies (moi???) under control? Flylady and Messies Anonymous You can get cleaning hints emailed to you from them.

Where do I look for new recipes?  Allrecipes.com   Check out the Clone of a Cinnabon - it got rave reviews from my daughter's family =)  Hehe - of course you can get great recipes emailed to you from them!  lol!

Where do I get information about blogging? Problogger - Check out his 31 Days to Build a Better Blog - really interesting!  Oh, yeah - and, um, he will email hints to you, too =D
Where do I shop for the greatest handmade wonders in the universe? Etsy.com, of course!!!  And I know that you are already signed up to get their fun emails  *winks*

Hope you had a Funtry Friday and that you enjoyed checking out these links.  Happy New Year! 
Blessings,

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful horse!! Thanks for sharing those interesting web sites I will be checking them out! Have a wonderful weekend! Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy, Oh that poor horse with ice on her. They must not feel the cold like humans do. Still feel like I want to wrap her in a huge fluffy blanket. Maybe share a cup of cocoa with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa =) Hope your weekend is going well, too!

    hehe - Marlene, horses have a thick layer of fat as well as heavier winter coats. But, hey, I'll take the fluffies and the cocoa *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't make resolutions either really, mine are more of goals, I would like to cut back online, and I would like to cut back on sweets (but first I have to eat up the sweets in my house so not to tempt myself lol)

    Thanks for the fun links! Billie Jean looks beautiful as always! I bookmarked the messy house links, lol mine can always use some organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Pam - I have goals that I would like to accomplish, but they aren't really resolutions. Some of them are business goals and some are personal ones like loosing a few pounds.

    hehe, but first I have to finish up all of that fruitcake *winks* before I can cut back on the goodies =p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails