Sunday, January 17, 2010

Friends ~ The Spring breeze on a Wintry day!

Friends come in all shapes and sizes.  Sometimes they look like us, act like us, wear the same style of clothes we wear, and live next door.  Sometimes they live far, far away, do things very differently than us, and don't look or act at all like we do.



But even when there is something that keeps us apart - time, distance, or whatever - there is still something that holds us together.  Our hearts.

I have made some wonderful friends over the past couple of years - friends I have never met, some I don't know what they look like, friends who are connected to me by little wires and mega techno computer gadgets that I don't understand.  Friends who are connected to me in a much more permanent way - through our hearts.

Friendship, I have learned over the years, is a matter of heart to heart caring.  It bridges the gap, forgives the imperfections, and really is the Spring breeze that promises warmth on a wintry day!  Thank you, friends! 

Do you have a friend you want to thank?  No time like the present.  Go grab the phone or drop an email - chat on facebook - whatever - but go tell that friend how special they are and thank them for being there.

You'll feel great when you do - and so will they!

Blessings to you, my friends!
Kathy

And though a man might prevail against one who is alone,
two will withstand him.  A threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful posts! You are one of many of those so called friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said, and put so well, as I also agree with Pam's response.

    Blessing abound...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog, and so true! Being a part of this wonderful etsy team has helped me through a lot of worried days. Thanks to you and my other etsybloggers! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thoughts, I am so happy to call you friend. I think in many ways my "friends I've never met", in person anyway - know me much better than my day to day friends and I would be lost without you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful post, things like this we need to think about more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam ~ *big smile* thank you - you are a bright spot in my internet day!

    Oh, thank you, Tulips - my dear cyber friend! Blessings right back to you, too!

    So very true, story! My cyber friends, you have encouraged me and laughed with me - and maybe even shed a tear or two now and then. It definitely makes it easier to go over the bumps in life with you there!

    Very true, Marlene - especially when we do the 'share about me' posts - roflol! I know a lot of people don't know some of those things about me - but y'all do!

    Thank you Beantree - friends are so special and I cherish each one I have!

    Blessings to you all! Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome, Pam =)

    NICO ~ thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely friends. Wonderful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post! It's fun to visit my cyber friends and I certainly count you among them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so grateful for the internet...for I have met so many wonderful friends this way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Rose and Carole - it's inspired by all you cyber friends =)

    Thanks beaded =) and back to you, my friend!

    memories - I have, too - and my life has been richly blessed by these friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! so well said! How cool is it that we can be across the world from each other yet our hearts can connect instantly through the magic of computerland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed, Splendid - what a blessing that is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post. Friends are in deed the fabric of our lives as well as our families. Thanks, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Carole =) so glad that we have met and are online friends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails