Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas is....

... the wonder in a child's eyes...


... sharing time with family ...

... giving gifts - especially ones that are not expected! ...

... the smell of spiced cookies in the oven ...

... sparkling lights on the tree ...

... candlelight church service to honor Jesus ~ the reason for this season!

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government will be upon his shoulder,
and his name will be called
"Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6

God bless,
Kathy

PS - Our fun filled Spirit of Christmas Treasure Hunt starts tomorrow!  Explore the wonders of Christmas as you travel through our Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt.  Comment along the way for a chance to win some great artwork!

8 comments:

  1. Your posts are so often mindful...thank you for sharing "you" again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll :) Love the photo and the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I love Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post and so powerfully true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tulip's =)

    memories, that's my youngest grandchild - Naomi - three years old (((already!)))

    Thanks, Anastasia (((hugs back))) praying for you all!

    Thanks, Carole =) So important to me to keep my focus on Jesus... or else I miss the real Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is giving gifts, although when I was a kid I could not keep a secret! lol And then I would have to get a new gift bought or made and it would spill too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Pam - that is too funny! I love it! My daughter and I are still that way - sometimes her husband will make both of us keep a secret. Drives him crazy when we exchange presents weeks ahead of time =p

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails