Sunday, December 13, 2009

Looking for Christmas?

Do you sometimes feel that Christmas gets lost in the rush and tumble of the events that crowd our celebrations.  After all, there are people to visit, shopping to get done, food to prepare...

Sorry, I don't have the magic button to make December have twice as many days as any other month.  I know - what good am I?  hehe - well, maybe I do have a couple of ideas for you though...  (You knew that I would!) 

First, make the decision to reclaim the Spirit of Christmas. You can do it! Here are some ideas for you - pick one (or more) and do it!


#1.  Stop and have some fun.  Here's a little diversion.  You know how you look for shapes in the clouds?  Well, here's a fun picture I took of the ice.  What do you see?




#2.  There is nothing like giving a gift to lift your spirits.  Check out Project Angel Tree or give a gift to honor a friend or loved one at World Vision.  You will be twice blessed when you do that.

#3.  Have a feast - at a shelter.  Help out at a food bank.  Donate an hour or two where people help people and it will lift your spirits and give you a new outlook on life. 

#4.  Share your smile with someone else and see how fast it will spread around a room full of strangers.  Try it in a crowded store.  It really works and it weaves a little joy into the lives of others.

#5.  There is nothing quite like singing a song to lift your spirits.   So, share a song with some folks in a nursing home.  Can't sing?  Then just go visit!  You will be amazed how their smiles will raise your spirits.

Yes, you can make the decision to reclaim the Spirit of Christmas. You can do it!  And, look back and see all the joy that you spread by doing a few simple things - then remember that you can do them all year long.

I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Hey, do you have some other ideas of how to share the Spirit of Christmas with others?  Share those ideas with us!

God bless,
Kathy

PS  The winner of the Blog to Blog Spirit of Christmas Treasure Hunt will be posted on Monday, December 14th ~ provided that the rain does not wash away my internet =p  *again*

10 comments:

  1. Love all of these ideas!!!
    I found a ram, an owl, and a butterfly in the ice :)

    This year we aren't buying any gifts for each other on my side and my boyfriend's side (except the kids) and it feels so good. No stress of shopping, no stress of wrapping...just the happiness of being together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a dog and a butterfly. Thanks for the suggestions, thay are all really good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really great ideas! Usually I have the shopping done by the middle of November, that way I don't have to go to the crowded malls (yuck!).
    Don't do very much baking (hubby has allergies) so that's one thing I don't worry about.
    Christmas is usually very relaxing at our house.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. memories - I agree - being with family is more important that shopping for family!

    Marlene - hehe - fun, isn't it! Glad you liked the suggestions =)

    Thanks, Audrey =) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. memories - I agree - being with family is more important that shopping for family!

    Marlene - hehe - fun, isn't it! Glad you liked the suggestions =)

    Thanks, Audrey =) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I LOVE your suggestions and they are just my cup of tea!
    I am not a very good singer, but I love to, and sing all the time-even in stores!
    I smile at everyone because, as you pointed out, it starts a chain reaction of cheerful joy!
    LOVE the old folks, and am delighted to spend time with them.
    As usual, you have made me smile with the love that just spills forth from your sweet heart!

    xoxo, Daff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked them, Daffy =) I can just picture you singing in the stores! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a sage bunny, with earmuffs and a cloke sitting.

    And the light of the Lord who is sharing his spirit through you ...

    I gave the cashier at the grocery $10 to help to pay for the next person who comes into his line, with strict instructions not to point me out if I've not gotten away fast enough... paying it forward (PIF's) are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy- Thanks for the reminder to sing! We used to go to the rest home and sing on Sundays. Residents loved it!!!! Should do it again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, tulip's - that is so cool! God bless you, gal - you made someone's day =) Lovew what you saw - hehe - I was lost in that icy puddle for quite a while and just had to share the fun here =p

    Linda - it really does brighten up the day for those who are in any kind of assisted living homes. Have fun singing!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails