Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just a little lopsided... maybe... Maybe not!

Over the years I have created a number of crafts.  At one time, I made and sold handmade nativity sets.  My mom also was involved in creating and selling handmade nativity sets when we were kids.  Recently, my sister and I found a set of hers and I finished it up and gave it to her for Christmas.  When I was searching for something in the garage, I found one of my sets and decided to put it out for Christmas.

There is just one little problem...



There seem to be a few missing parts to the scene... and some extras...  ummmm...  We have Mary, Joseph, the Angel...  ah...  two wise men...  and, ah...  three baby Jesus.

Okay, well, one of the baby Jesus was an extra from Mom's nativity set that I painted for Mary.  Somehow both of our sets had two little baby Jesus in them and no shepherds.  I figure that the shepherds are busy telling everyone about the fantastic things they saw.  And, well, maybe we need a little extra Jesus at this time of year.

So, if you seem to be missing Jesus at Christmas this year - just let me know.  I may know where you can find him!

And she gave birth to her first born-son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

Luke 2:7

Hope you are having a wonderful week getting ready for Christmas!

God bless,
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Very sweet. You made me smile. We can't get too much of Jesus, right? Beautiful craftsmanship, too. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your prayers.
    :o) button

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always count on you Kathleen to uplift me with inspiration and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, thank you for my morning smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!
    wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee! This did make me giggle. :-) But seriously, who couldn't use a little extra Jesus, especially at Christmas?! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, button =) glad this made you smile

    Thanks, matts - go figure - how could there be two nativity sets made 30 some years apart with the same thing - two Jesus and no shepherds! LOL!

    Aw =) thank you Graceful and Marlene!

    hehe - blessed Christmas to you, too, Margaret =)

    Totally true, Sosaje =) That's what I thought, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mangers too. As you know....the one I made years ago was badly broken this year.....so I headed to ebay and started looking. I could not find one like mine but I did find a lovely vintage one by Lefton, so I bought it. While there I bought a mermaid bell by Lefton, another manger, and 4 musical angels and two cats. All vintage. Sigh...I only wanted a manger.:)

    Your story is so neat. Very well said and point taken.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kathy for being so "out front" about your love for Jesus! Lovely post and great invitation -- from a pastor's wife.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFLOL - Carole, you shop like I do =p I have to stay away from ebay *rolls eyes* I have enough temptation on etsy! Glad you enjoyed the post =)

    Indeed, memories =) I think so, too. In fact, although I set the nativity pieces up just to take a photo for the blog, I decided to leave it up - just like it is!

    Thank you, Linda ~ I guess I don't separate the parts of my life ~ I just share bits and pieces of everything that makes me 'me'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Nativity set! Wow learn 1 more thing about you! So cool!

    P.S. I must have missed this post somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Pam! =)
    you are so sweet to come and visit! I love your comments - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Thanks Kathy, I love stopping by too! But I am way behind in my blogs, need to find time to catch up more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All my fun over the holidays has put me a bit behind, too =p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails