Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sowing a few seeds...

Once upon a time, on a simple homestead,
four little seeds shared an itty-bitty shed...



My daughter, Cynthia, has written a great little children's book - and she has asked me to illustrate it!  I am having a lot of fun working with her one this book, which is the first in a series that we will create.  As part of my retrospective show at The Frame and I, I have several sketches for our book on display.  If you are in the Prescott, Arizona area drop by The Frame and I, November 20, from 6 - 8 pm.  You can meet me in person (or say 'hi' if you already know me!) and see a lot of my artwork.  No kidding, I have over 100 pieces of artwork there - not counting ACEOs!

Want to know a little bit more about our first book?  Well, it tells the story of four little seeds that set out for the adventure of a lifetime!  Where will their journeys take them?  You will have to wait for the book to see!  As Cynthia says, this is "A Seussical-style analogy of the Parable of the Sower" .  If you can't wait for our book, you can read the parable in The Book - Matthew 13, in The Bible.  She has done a wonderful job of turning this great parable into a delightful children's story.

I will introduce you to our little seeds soon and I promise to keep you all updated on the journey that they are making!

Blessings,
Kathy





15 comments:

  1. How special to be creating with your daughter! I bet the book is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read these! And since I have a daughter who crafts like I do, I understand the sweet specialness of creating together! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Since I am hopelessly in love with books, I would love to read yours one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'd love to work with my daughter on a writing project! We have planned to do it, but, you know, life gets in the way sometimes! She's got two little ones right now. Ah . . .. maybe later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! And the description of the book gave me goosebumps. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book sounds delightful and I know the illustrations will be wonderful!
    Lovely that you two have this project to work on together! Praying God's blessings over this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. memories, wordz and Linda - it is a lot of fun working with my daughter =)

    Thank you DeLa =) I will keep you posted on it's progress =)

    Thanks, Ani - it is a really wonderful story =)

    Thank you, Graceful!!! It is totally in His hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sketch, the book sounds great! Hope your reception went great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exciting, Kathy. The drawing is great. I sure wish the two of you the best best of luck with your new advendture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Pam! The reception was a lot of fun =)

    Thanks, Mechelle - appreciate you stopping by my blog!

    Thanks, Carole - I appreciate your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband has written and illustrated a children's book for our grandchildren, that is suessical style also! It's about what we are meant to be and how God has provided for us to be who he created us to be. I can't wait to see how your daughter's book turns out! Let us know when it is available!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree the sketch is great! How wonderful to be working on such a project with your daughter! I'll be looking forward to hearing about its completion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Splendid! I will be blogging with more details as we get closer to "print"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun, Linda! What a delightful thing to do for your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails