- One of my quirks is that I don't like to have my picture taken - unless it is by my grandchildren *laughs*
- I always let Mikayla and Naomi play with my camera ~ this picture of me was taken by Naomi when she was two years old. Not bad, huh?!
- I tried to fix my mother's computer one time ~ only to discover that she had put all of her programs into the 'trash can' on her desk top and then emptied it. Nope, I didn't get it fixed. Mom said that it was very satisfying to delete everything since the computer had annoyed her so badly that day... Wonder where I get my sense of humor?
- I got my first horse (actually for my daughter, Cynthia, for 4-H, but we shared!) when I was 42 years old. At 23, Jane was no 'spring chicken' either, but she was free!
- I had a snake in my house once. Not in a cage and not by invitation - it just slithered in through some hole that I hope I found *shivers* My neighbor rescued me. Tim came over, caught it, and tossed it out into the field. It was not poisonous, but that did not stop the adrenaline rush which raised my voice about 3 octaves and put my verbage on fast forward. I didn't know I could talk that fast and make no sense at the same time =p
- I love to take pictures and I am very seldom without my camera (except when there is a snake in the house!). Even though I love to take pictures, I have been known to take some of the worst pictures that you have ever seen... Good thing that I am a painter and not a photographer!
- Mikayla (my oldest grandchild), who just turned 6 years old, got two delightful, fun pets for her birthday (no photos posted yet because I will see them for the first time today!). Chocolate and Chip (she named them) are two little rats. One is a hairless rat and the other one is hairy - you can guess which name goes with which hair style *winks* I think I passed on my mother's sense of humor!
- I rarely wear anything except jeans and a t-shirt. Unless it is winter - then I wear jeans and a sweater =p I am still wondering what I can drag out of the closet to wear to the reception for my art show November 20th. I don't think I had better do the jeans thing! roflol!
- I hate to get my hair cut. It's not that I want long hair - I really don't. It's just that I have a really hard time finding someone who can cut my hair. The last time I got three bad haircuts for the price of one. Bless Shelby's heart! She fixed it *big smile*
- I call Shelby and Bethany my nieces and they call me Aunt Kathy. Their mom and I have known each other since Vicki was in labor with Bethany and I was just pregnant with Cynthia. We still visit whenever we can and sometimes our families spend Christmas together. It's lots of fun! Oh, yeah - Vicki and I aren't married to the same people that we were married to when we met. She is now married to my ex - husband. You should have seen the fun that Vicki and I had at their wedding! hehe - Bob survived, too *laughs* Seriously - we all are good friends and it is kind of fun for us to see the reactions that we get when other people find out that Bob and I were once married.
Visit Allie's delightful blog here: http://www.allieart4children.blogspot.com/
and then stop by Allie's wonderful etsy shop here: http://www.allieart4children.etsy.com/
Just in case you did not know, ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are small works of art that are 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm), roughly the size of a standard playing card. Check out my blog post for more information about ACEOs and why I like them so much!