Monday, November 2, 2009

Horse Crazy ~ The Fabric of My Life Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt

Welcome to The Fabric of My Life Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt where you will learn a little bit about the pieces of the quilt of my life.


I bet you may have guessed that I am just a little horse crazy. I have been horse crazy all my life. The first horse I rode was at camp and I loved her - a big, sorrel quarterhorse called Red.

Our first horse was a throroughbred mare who was 23 years old when we got her. Sweet Lady Jane was a retired race horse who had been used for Dressage, jumping, and pleasure riding. She was sweet!  She was my daughter's horse for 4-H and she lived the the ripe old age of 33.

I have drawn horses all my life, too. Just for fun, here is a little something I drew in grade school!



Horse crazy?  Yep - I wanted to be a jockey when I was little.  I wasn't little for long, though, so nothing ever came of that dream.  I was the tallest person in my class until I went to High School - nope, not jockey material there!  However, with Sweet Lady Jane, I did get to ride my race horse at long last.

How simple is it to win some treasure in our Treasure Hunt?  This simple!
Comment at least once at each of the 6 blogs by November 6th at 12am EST to be eligible to win 1 or more ACEO's. One winner will be chosen from each blog.


Have fun!
 
Allie is your next stop on the Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt ~
 
Visit Allie's delightful blog here: http://www.allieart4children.blogspot.com/

and then stop by Allie's wonderful etsy shop here: http://www.allieart4children.etsy.com/

Blessings,
Kathy


Just in case you did not know, ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are small works of art that are 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm), roughly the size of a standard playing card. Check out my blog post for more information about ACEOs and why I like them so much!

16 comments:

  1. And I'm so glad you are Horse Crazy, I really enjoy your horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your horses, the one you use in your blog banner is my favorite. Really wonderful work!

    -Daniel

    http://DanielMontoyaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pam =)

    Thanks, Daniel ~ that's Hershey - he's a solid, quarterhorse gelding who is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty good drawing for grade school, Kathy. :)

    Horses are definitely the fabric of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great proportions for grade school Kathy! This really brings back memories. I wanted to be a jockey too. I'm short enough (5') but a tad on the heavy side. Aw well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so nice that you continued on with your childhood passion! many do nt & what a shame. love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your talent showed early. It's wonderful that you kept that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anitra - tehe - I have saved a lot of my early drawings =D

    thanks, patk ~ I am so glad to be blessed with horses and to be able to do the artwork!

    Too funny, Christine - hehe - I grew both ways =p not so good for a jockey! lol!

    thanks, Carole - indeed they are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work for grade school! I too am glad you love horses as I am now the proud owner of one of your gorgeous horses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Marlene - that drawing from grade school is very good.
    Horses are a good thing to be crazy about - they are gorgeous animals. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Marlene =) I am so glad that my horses bring you joy!

    Thanks for the compliment, Audrey =) And I agree - being horse crazy is totally a good thing ;-) They are magnificent creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your truly have a gift, Kathy - my favorite of your horse-type creatures is the hinny:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18535789

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the feel of motion in this drawing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your love for horses shows through in your work....this is a very lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Allie ~ Daphne was very fun to paint!

    Thanks, Star - I kept imagining riding the horse while I was drawing.

    Thank you, Noble =) I do love horses and I always have! I am so blessed to have Hersey and Billie Jane - I thank the Lord for them =) They are such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails