Saturday, November 14, 2009

A few good words spoken about artists...

"Happy are the painters, for they shall not be lonely. Light and colour, peace and hope, will keep them company to the end of the day."  Winston Churchill.




"When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art."  Marc Chagall.

”Every artist dips his brush in his own soul and paints his own nature into his pictures.” Henry Ward Beecher.






"Fire in My Soul"
Kathleen Golter Roeth
2008




"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget that errand."  Woodrow Wilson.

"Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere."  G.K. Chesterton

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."  C.S. Lewis






"Summer Sunset"
Kathleen Golter Roeth
2008
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a blessed weekend!
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Thanks, Pam! I was fascinated to find out that Winston Churchill was also a painter =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paintings and quotes. I love the top quote:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to start a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely paintings :) I love Winston Churchill's quote! Brilliantly said!
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice quotes. And I always love CS Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I really love Winston Churchill and C.S. Lewis, too. Just had to share these great quotes! Thanks for the kind compliments on my artwork, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and inspiring, Kathy. Glad you took the time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carole and Ani! So glad you enjoyed it =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really beautiful! (the pictures and the quotes)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and what you do with your blog always has inspiration within!

    Thank you...

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of quotes! And Fire In My Soul reminds me of some of your "vintage" work (like from HS). Will your upcoming show include any older work?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Audrey - love your blog =)

    To the Glory of the Lord, Tulips =)

    Thanks, Karin - Fire in My Soul reminds me of some of my earlier work, too - but with a more hope filled fire ;-) Yes, my show will feature artwork back to when I was about 8 years old. There are about 180 pieces down there now - and I will be taking more ACEOs down for the show as well as illustrations for the book. *whew* I am primarily a small format artist, but there are some larger pieces in the show, too. I took about 55 ACEOs, too. Anything else is too much math for right now! roflol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous post! I love those quotes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Splendid! It was fun to collect these quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails