Thursday, November 12, 2009

Country Fun!

I love the simple fun of a county fair.  When I saw this image by Carole at rsully2sphotography it reminded me of the last time I strolled through our local county fair.


Yeah, Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - there's some prime fair food for you!

Ah, well, our four day county fair is long since over, but we do have a little weekly entertainment.  There is a park-n-swap in Paulden - well, it's almost in Paulden.  Everything out here is mostly county - this is at the service station just south of the Paulden post office and Paulden's only landmark - The Pink Place.

Quite a selection of tools, odds and odders (they were out of ends), rugs, flags and...  oh,yeah.  Hay.  A selection of hay, mind you!

Yep, only in Paulden could you find a park-n-swap at a gas station with not one, but two local hay dealers.  Fill 'er up, load 'er up, and grab the hot tamales and pop corn on the way out!

Have a country fresh day!
Blessings,
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. I love living in a small town :) This looks like it would be right up my alley...LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thsnks Kathy...for featuring my fair photo. It was really sweet of you. That looks like a very interesting place. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches? I like mine straight up! Cute pictures of your "town". My small town suddenly doesn't feel so small. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - your small town is quite charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. memories - this is really the 'south end' of town... there's a little bit more north of the fire station - hehe, but not much! LOL! And, as for me, I'm kind of back over by those hills in the background ;-)

    You are welcome, Carole =)

    Yeah, Uber - I'm thinking about checking it out, too ;-)

    Funny, Verdant =) My neighbor has made lots of fried green tomatoes. Yeah, Paulden 'town' is VERY small, but lots of people 'live' in Paulden - it's just more like 'in the general area' LOL!

    Thanks, Marlene - it's a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank's, Pam - lots of open spaces, rolling hills, and not too much else =p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails