Sunday, October 4, 2009

We are having a PARTY!!!

Oh yes we are! 


My daughter, Cynthia, had a birthday in September and I have one in October.  This year both of our birthdays are what many people call 'milestone' birthdays.  Cynthia has been very excited about her birthday this year so she decided to have a big party to celebrate. 

I am usually somewhat ambivalent about my birthdays.  It's not that I dislike them *laughs* I just don't make a big deal about them.  Pass the hot fudge sundae, and I am happy - especially if you have added peanuts!  What more do you need?  *winks*

However, as I said, this is a 'milestone' birthday for both of us - and kind of a fun one because I am exactly twice Cynthia's age.  I threatened to crash her birthday party since she insisted that I celebrate this birthday of mine.  She thought it was such a good idea, that she reserved the fellowship hall at her church.  *roflol*

We are also celebrating the fact that their adoption is progressing and I am getting closer to being able to wrap my Grammy arms around my newest grandchild - before I drive all of my online and offline friends and family crazy!

And!  We are celebrating the children's book that Cynthia has written and I am illustrating.

Lots of reasons to have a party, if you ask me! 

Oh, you might be wondering what milestone birthdays these are...  Would you believe that Cynthia is a very precocious child of 15?  No, I thought not - expecially since she is married and has two delightful daughters!  How about a very energetic 20?  umm....  not buying it, huh?  25?  no?  LOL!  Yep, my daughter is 30 years old this year =)  and, as just about every mother has ever said - that was a very fast 30 years!

So teach us to number our days
that we may present to thee a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

God bless,
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you!!!!
    Fun to share a birthday!


    Don't miss a chance to voite for the next giveaway - this way you may win something you chose:

    http://quilt--works.blogspot.com/2009/09/cast-your-vote-for-next-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Kathy. Happy Birthday to both of you. :) Hey, kathy we are only three years apart. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Quilt =) We actually shared the party - lol - Cynthia's birthday is in Sept and mine is in Oct - it was a lot of fun!

    Thanks, Carol - we had a blast! I am stuffed full of ice cream =) mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you both!

    My mom and I celebrated the same type of birthday this past year! And we thought it was really cool that she was exactly twice my age too!

    Congrats on your soon to be grand child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you both :-) I didn't realize that you were an October person too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! awesome!
    What wonderful season of gifts and blessings in your life!
    happy, happy birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to the both of you!

    Hmmm....just thinking I missed doing something clever like this when I was twice my girls' ages. Guess I have to wait until I'm 3 times one of them. That puts the first opportunity for that falling when I'm 66!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you and Cynthia!
    and great news about the adoption progress too, and the book! lots of great stuff going on for you, I am so happy for you!
    YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea to celebrate your birthdays together. Happy Birthday...finally someone older than I am...if just a tiny bit! LOL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great you get to celebrate together :)
    Lots to celebrate in this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. memories, pink, Rose, and splendid =) It was a ton of fun - and we got to share the celebrations with our friends and family!

    tehe - graceful - funny!

    lol - Anitra - I seriously was going to do about the same thing I usually do on my birthday - and just celebrate Cynthia's - but she and my sister didn't think that was good enough! roflol!

    Hey, purple =) you are an Oct. celebrant, too, huh?! Happy Birthday (whenever it is!)

    How fun, Pam =) Hope you had as much fun as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! We didn't do anything really special, just enjoyed it more than the others!

    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Double Happy Birthday's!

    Almost a grandma again...thats completely awesome.

    I enjoy the way you write ;=)

    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Pam - that is what it is all about!

    Thanks, Tulip's! hehe - I am finding that adoption takes waaaaayyyyy longer than pregnancy! An exercise in patience for us all *whew*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails