Friday, September 4, 2009

Taking his advice... and sharing links with you!

Hey - it's always a good idea to follow sound advice. When I was at Robert Knudson's pastel demonstration last Friday, he mentioned how important composition is to your artwork and he suggested that everyone go and study composition again. Woohoo! an excuse to cruise the net for art information =) Faster than the speed of light, I was cruising on the internet and I found some great art information and hints on about.com (one of my favorite how-to sites). So, here are a few links you might want to check out!

Top 10 Painting Tips for Strong Compositions
http://painting.about.com/od/paintingtipscomposition/a/10TipsCompositn.htm

100 Painting Tips for Artists
http://painting.about.com/od/paintingtips/a/100PaintingTips.htm

10 Painting Tips for Loosening Up
http://painting.about.com/cs/paintingknowhow/a/tips_loosen.htm

Lots of good information in there - now, off to loosen up my painting fingers and have some fun in the studio!

Have a great artistic day =)
Blessings,
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Kathy - I am not sure why but your first 2 links don't work for me, I had to copy & paste in to firefox.

    Oh man I really regret selling all my painting supplies! lol I think I will be buying some new ones when I see a good sale. I'm not very good but it is really enjoyable.

    Thanks for sharing the links!

    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, Pam - I think I have those links fixed now - not sure what happened because they worked when I created the post. Maybe something went haywire from the time I wrote it to the time I scheduled it to post. Anyway - they worked for me now!

    LOL - yeah, I usually want/need something after I have gotten rid of it! Hope you can find some nice ones for not too much =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - They work now! :)

    Yeah, will use some nice 50% Michaels coupons! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, Kathy! Thanks for sharing the links. I have bookmarked the 100 artists tips. The way I see it, an artist can never have enough tips! There's always some problem that someone else has already encountered or some little idea that can save you hours of trial and error.
    BTW, have I ever told you how much I lover your rabbit. The color and and expression remind me of Miss Potter's work!
    Great post!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Graceful Moments =) She is one of my favorite artists! I agree with you about the hints - there is always some little inspiration I get - a new way to use a familiar media... some little nugget that gives me an idea - and it's fun to see what other artists are doing.

    Oooohhh - Pam - I think you can get coupons online, too =) And here, Michael's will give you a coupon every time you shop. It's good for one week and is 40% off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathy, I bookmarked the links and will check them out later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, Marlene =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy,

    Thanks! Yes I get coupons in the flyers and in my emails too!

    I am thinking about going tomorrow! lol I have a 50% off coupon, plus select paints are 50% off and the artist papers are 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! doing the *happy shopping dance* with you =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails