Saturday, September 5, 2009

A lovely little fountain...

I like this fountain - it's at my vet's office. It's kind of funny - she bought it on ebay and she doesn't know who the artist is, or anything about it. She just liked it. I'm not sure why the fountain is turned off, either - but maybe that's to save water. After all, we do live in a desert.

I entered this photograph in a "Prescott Local Landmarks" art show. The whole idea of the show was to create art based on your favorite local landmark. When I thought of my favorite local landmarks, this sculpture came to mind.... um... and Pralines of Prescott's chocolate covered fudge came to mind. So maybe my idea of landmarks is a little different than most people!


But isn't that what makes the world such a wonderful place? We are unique - each of us, lovingly shaped by the Master's hand.



But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay,
and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
Isaiah 64:8
Have a blessed and unique day!
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that fountain! I don't know if you remember my Grandma Freda, but her Beagle, Sabrina (one of my beloved Sabre's offspring), used to drink from the bird bath like that! Grandma had a photo of her drinking like that silk-screened and framed - that must have cost a pretty penny back in the 60s, but then, Sabrina was a spoiled brat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - how fun! I bet it did cost a bunch *whew* But how we do spoil our animal friends *laughs* then and now! roflol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *rolls eyes* and thank you - lol - must already be too late for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fountain! Thanks for sharing! Our dogs love to drink from the birdbath....it's much better stuff than their bowl of water on the driveway 6 feet from the fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is probably the cutest fountain I have ever seen, wish I had one like it. I don't blame you vet for buying it without knowing anything about it as I would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really a cute fountain. Where does the water come out? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL What a cute fountain! Good idea for a local landmark!

    LOL Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe - Carole, the water comes from that little egg looking thing, but it is aimed towards the dog - really cute when it is running.

    Thanks, Pam =)

    Me either, Marlene - I think it is really cute.

    Too funny, whyte - I had a dog who would go and drink out of the chicken water everytime she was out of the yard. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a wonderful bird bath. I have signed up as a follower and look forward to more great posts. I am glad you enjoyed the bobcats and the mare and colt on my site today. As you can see I am starting a new series from my photography tour. It was quite an interesting trip to the slot canyon and Vermillion Cliffs. Also, if you like travel photos, we have posted action photos from Buenos Aires, Argentina on our travel photo site, www.vivalavoyage.com. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Julie - love your blog! I am enjoying your great photos =) Thanks for the 'follow'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails