Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Edgar Allan Poe pages - mixed media drawings

Have you seen the drawings and paintings that are done on old book pages? They have a unique look with the shadow of the printed words showing through the artwork. My daughter gave me some damaged books recently, so I decided to play around with some of the pages. These are done on poems by Edgar Allan Poe.

This is Annabel Lee…


And this is Dream-Land…




They were fun to do – and the smaller size made them a good project to slip in between some of the larger pieces of artwork that I am working on right now.

So what else am I working on? Well, I have started the series of drawings and paintings that are for the children’s book that Cynthia has written. I am really enjoying this project and, as we get more done, I will be posting some of the illustrations for the book here.

And… I am still creating new paintings for my show in November – and November is just around the corner!
It is proving to be a very busy Fall for me! Hope your Fall is full of fun, too =)

Blessings,

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Those drawings are so cool! Are you going to sell them in your shop? They'd look great framed!

    And a children's book...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, but Annabelle is my fave. Beautiful, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy, I LOVE these! You are SOOOOOOO talented. I would LOVE to have one of these...as the question was posted, will you be selling these in your shop?

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are awesome! I love the shadows of the words underneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're great! Lots of exciting painty things going on for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your artwork - working with pages from the old classics. The possibilities are numerous! One of my favorite artists from old works are those of Arthur Rackham. I have two of his prints - so unique. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! I am really excited about this new series =) They are lots of fun to do and I love the way the words show through.

    Thank you, Tulip's Talking =) You made the fastest purchase on record for me! lol!

    Very cool, MagdeleneJewels!

    Yes, memories =) We are very excited about our book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool series of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Pam - I have lots of ideas for more paintings on these pages - roflol - and lots of pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooohhhhhh these are great.

    If you leave the pages in the books then you have an altered book. Very nice, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be fun, too, Carole - these books are in many pieces, though. I plan to use the individual pages for this series =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails