Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Terrific Trees Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt ~ Never Give Up!


Two things inspired me to do this little painting.
One was a tree that I passed on the way to work. It had been cut down, but there was a branch that was still growing strong and tall.
The other was a quote that I had heard which was attributed to Winston Churchill during a commencement address that he gave. He stood and looked at his audience, said "Never give up. Never, never, never give up." and then sat down.
A good reminder to us all. Hold onto what is precious and never give up!
Allie is your next stop on the Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt.
Visit Allie's delightful blog here: http://www.allieart4children.blogspot.com/and then stop by Allie's wonderful etsy shop here: http://www.allieart4children.etsy.com/
Have fun hunting for treasure, and don't give up!
Blessings,
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. This dear little tree is just the sweetest little painting. And to get all that meaning out of it is an extra bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tree is beautiful, that's a great quote to add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Churchill was so right!

    I love this tree.....its just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thought that goes along with this. Very cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you all! That quote and the story behind it really touched my heart. When I saw the tree on the way to work, the quote came to my mind immediately. Glad you all liked it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never give up! I love the image and the message!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful drawing and great story for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Wintergarden - that is one of my favorite quotes.

    Thanks, Judi FitzPatrick =) He was an amazing man!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails