Monday, August 24, 2009

For fun and inspiration - stroll down to the library!

Saturday was a very busy day for me, but I had a few hours between shopping and watching my brother-in-law and his band play at the Acker on the Square in Prescott. I don't like to waste time - and I am not much of a window shopper, so I decided to take a hike up to the library and see what I could find that would inspire me.

Naturally, I went to the art books! I found this fun book which has lots of ideas and suggestions of ways to paint all kinds of textures.
I love painting textures - grass, fur, leaves, wood - fun stuff like bug legs... yeah! This book has all of that and more. Well, maybe not so much of the bugs... but it does have wood, rocks, fur and lots of water!

The book is available at Amazon.com - no, I don't get a kick-back *laughs* just sharing the link with you because you can go and see 'inside' the book on their web site.

I did get a couple of other books and a couple of movies, too. Fun! Give your library a try and let me know what inspiration you found there.

Blessings,
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read, glad you found some good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, I haven't tried watercolor for many years but it is my favorite medium with which to paint. And I re-discovered the library last year after a job layoff.....too many spare hours and no money. Now I can't believe I stayed out of a library for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun. Thanks for the info on the book, I love watercolor and will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The library is a magical place, isn't it? Glad you got inspired..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an interesting book! Libraries are THE BEST places. I finally had to turn in my vintage Phoenix Library card for the new one now that they have self-checkout. Neither the Phoenix Library or the Glendale Library will ever go out of business based on my "attendance" alone! LOL!! Hey, does anyone else remember the Book Mobile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you all liked what I found at the library. If I find any more treasures, I promise to share them =)

    Oh! Book Mobile! One used to come to 7th Ave and Bethany Home Rd. in the parking lot where the old AJ Bayless was =) Mom used to take us there once a week. And - way back in the 'dark ages' my Grandmother Golter drove a book mobile. She drove one in rural Montana and also from Phoenix to Flagstaff in Arizona - when it was an 8 hour drive due to the poor roads!

    Anyone else remember the book mobile?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails