The rules associated with this award are that I am to write seven little-known facts about myself, and then pass this award to seven of my fellow bloggers.
The first one is my favorite 'water memory' of all time which I am sharing in connection with our Wonderful Water Treasure Hunt. Find all about how you could win a free original ACEO by checking this post! Not sure what an ACEO is? Check this post!
Here are my seven little known facts about me:
- The most wonderful water related experience that I ever had happened when friends and I were horseback riding south of Williams, Arizona. We came to a pond that we knew was good drinking water, so we stopped to give the horses a drink. I was riding my friend's sweet mare, Sheba - whose every quirk I did not know. We had paused a couple of feet from the water, but we were not close enough for her to get a drink so I gave her a little nudge. Sheba moved forward but did not pause at the edge of the water - she kept going. What I didn't know was that Sheba loved water. The next thing I knew I was wet up to my hips - on a swimming horse! It was really fun to feel the movement of the horse swimming beneath me - so much so that we swam around the pond a couple of times before we climbed out. Yes, we were wet, saddle, clothes, boots and all - but it was warm and we were soon dry. It was a splendid experience!
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History.
- I sing in sign language which I learned because my daughter is hard of hearing. Fortunately she has never lost all of her hearing and she doesn't depend on sign language to communicate - but I wanted to be prepared in case she did loose her hearing.
- I have sewn three wedding dresses including one for my daughter.
- I have done a ton of different kinds of needle arts including crochet, knitting, crewel, cross stitch, embroidery of all kinds, tatting, sewing of all kinds, needlepoint, doll making, and who knows what all else!
- I love to study Biblical History.
- As of July 18, 2009, I will be officially retired from my B&M, The Frame & I, so that I can pursue art full-time - including illustrating a series of children's books for my daughter.
And, here is your next stop along the BLOG TO BLOG WONDERFUL WATER TREASURE HUNT!
Your next blog on the Wonderful Water Treasure Hunt is Allie ~Visit Allie's delightful blog here: http://www.allieart4children.blogspot.com/
and then stop by Allie's wonderful etsy shop =)