Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wonderful Water Blog to Blog Treasure Hunt - and the Premio Meme Award from Jessie!

Wow! Jessie of J. B. Guess & Co. honored me with the Premio Meme Award! *blushes* Thank you, Jessie! Please visit her etsy shop and her wonderful blog - she has some really fun things on both sites!

The rules associated with this award are that I am to write seven little-known facts about myself, and then pass this award to seven of my fellow bloggers.

The first one is my favorite 'water memory' of all time which I am sharing in connection with our Wonderful Water Treasure Hunt. Find all about how you could win a free original ACEO by checking this post! Not sure what an ACEO is? Check this post!

Here are my seven little known facts about me:
  1. The most wonderful water related experience that I ever had happened when friends and I were horseback riding south of Williams, Arizona. We came to a pond that we knew was good drinking water, so we stopped to give the horses a drink. I was riding my friend's sweet mare, Sheba - whose every quirk I did not know. We had paused a couple of feet from the water, but we were not close enough for her to get a drink so I gave her a little nudge. Sheba moved forward but did not pause at the edge of the water - she kept going. What I didn't know was that Sheba loved water. The next thing I knew I was wet up to my hips - on a swimming horse! It was really fun to feel the movement of the horse swimming beneath me - so much so that we swam around the pond a couple of times before we climbed out. Yes, we were wet, saddle, clothes, boots and all - but it was warm and we were soon dry. It was a splendid experience!
  2. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History.
  3. I sing in sign language which I learned because my daughter is hard of hearing. Fortunately she has never lost all of her hearing and she doesn't depend on sign language to communicate - but I wanted to be prepared in case she did loose her hearing.
  4. I have sewn three wedding dresses including one for my daughter.
  5. I have done a ton of different kinds of needle arts including crochet, knitting, crewel, cross stitch, embroidery of all kinds, tatting, sewing of all kinds, needlepoint, doll making, and who knows what all else!
  6. I love to study Biblical History.
  7. As of July 18, 2009, I will be officially retired from my B&M, The Frame & I, so that I can pursue art full-time - including illustrating a series of children's books for my daughter.
Wow - that was fun! Here are the seven bloggers that I am passing this award on to (in no particular order!):
http://sunnymondays.blogspot.com/
http://windandhoney.blogspot.com/
http://ritasquier.blogspot.com/
http://crochetgals.blogspot.com/
http://mattscraftywife.blogspot.com/
http://handmadeforlife.blogspot.com/
http://www.baruchslullaby.blogspot.com/
And, here is your next stop along the BLOG TO BLOG WONDERFUL WATER TREASURE HUNT!
Your next blog on the Wonderful Water Treasure Hunt is Allie ~Visit Allie's delightful blog here: http://www.allieart4children.blogspot.com/

and then stop by Allie's wonderful etsy shop =)
Have fun!
God bless,
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, Wow what an experience on a horse! lol I would have loved to see a video of you!

    I didn't know any of those things about you! Great bunch of information!

    Congrats on your soon to be retirement! I look forward to seeing more and more of your art! And wow children's books, that is so exciting!

    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I had no idea how many talents you have! Sewing, sign language, not to mention your other artistic gifts! Many congrats on your retirement! I hope you find it fulfilling!

    A swimming horse?! How cool is that? Love that story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting, Kathy...that swimming with the horse incident is similar to me swimming in the waterfalls. Great story.

    Art History...interesting...my BA is in French. My MA in School Admin. :)

    I think that is wonderful about the illustrations for your daughter's book. How neat is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you've done lots of neat things, I love your horse story!
    congrats on retiring, and being able to work full time on your art. Sounds like good things are ahead for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the horse story, too =) It was a wonderful experience!

    Yes, I am excited about working on my art full time - and very excited about my daughter's first book! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such wonderful watercolor talent! And like many artists you love to do all kinds of expressive work...I too love just about any type of needlework, it is the most relaxing of all artwork to me. Glad to get to know you a little better!
    ---Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, whyte =) Glad you enjoyed my blog! I appreciate the kind comment about my artwork!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails